Anglesey Monday Aug 19th.

Andrew

Looks like you had a good day @Andrew

Anglesey is one of my favourite tracks. I have only been twice so far, first time had a garage to shelter from the wind and rain, 2nd time to get shade from baking hot sun middle of last year.

I think I know which I prefer :d

• Like 1

Looks (and sounds) like you had an eventful but good day Andrew! Thanks for sharing the vids. Gutted I couldn't make it, love Anglesey.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Oily Steve said:

I think I know which I prefer :d

:sun: 

20 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Looks (and sounds) like you had an eventful but good day Andrew! Thanks for sharing the vids. Gutted I couldn't make it, love Anglesey.

Lately every track day seems to have its little niggles.. OK in the end though. Just been checking over the car. Broken an alternator bracket.. again... Got a new gear stick and saddle ordered to see if I can improve the gear change.. Tyres might do another day..And it needs brake pads .. again.. Going to try at your recommendation Adam, some Ferodo DSUNOs. The 1155s have been OK tbh, but just in case I'm missing out on something. ;)

Yeah it does seem that way... hopefully just a short term thing and you are getting through it now.

How's the alternator mount failing? Any option to beef up or change to a different material?

Good call on the pads, night and day from 1155s - I found them barely better than OE.

32 minutes ago, AdamR said:

How's the alternator mount failing? Any option to beef up or change to a different material?

It's a home brew job. Tbf, I've beefed up other bits that have failed, and it's the first time this particular bit of my design has failed. I can see room for further beefage to be built into the repair. 🙂

34 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Good call on the pads, night and day from 1155s - I found them barely better than OE.

Will let you know how I get on. The current pads have hopefully another day in them. I'm going to try to remember to swap them at the end of the next day, and bed the new ones in. If I actually manage to do that, it'll be a first! 😄

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

great videos as always. your car sounds really healthy on them.

Thanks Ben. Have you got your track day machinery sorted out yet? Have you still got a Mini?

13 hours ago, Andrew said:

Thanks Ben. Have you got your track day machinery sorted out yet? Have you still got a Mini?

yes ive still got the mini its almost ready. im hoping to get it ready this weekend and then a late entry to cadwell on the 29th if theres still spaces.

3 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

yes ive still got the mini its almost ready. im hoping to get it ready this weekend and then a late entry to cadwell on the 29th if theres still spaces.

Unfortunately it looks like its now full. Could I interest you in Knockhill… no? 😄

9 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Unfortunately it looks like its now full. Could I interest you in Knockhill… no? 😄

so it is lol. time is my enemy at the moment i just dont have time ot get things finished. knockhill is about 6 hours from me lol i would like to but its a little to far