I will get it on the road (13 years after buying it!)

Sam-Kit car dreams

2 minutes ago, Jude - The Mad Widow said:

not unlike mine! Except for the wings.   Youre nearly there... hey we leave for Switzerland this time next week... you might make it!!!!!!!!!

37945943_10157647152559148_3521627510590668800_n.jpg

That looks nice, proper old school, loving all the chrome 😎 👍

• Like 1

Cleaned up really well, though looks like a lot of spiders just lost their home!

It wouldn’t appear to have been to far off with the SVA/IVA prep at the time, which is a good sign. Hopefully it will just be the usual round of little tweaks and refinements rather than anything too big.

One immediate thought though, as it is a little trickier to do on a built up car; have you got the fuel tank crash bar on the back - it’s a solid steel bar that bolts across the upper rear inboard wishbone mounts, and prevents the fuel tank, in the event of a small rear impact, from being punctured by the wishbone mounting bolts.

I do recall your car building plan at the time. It was always going to be a bit of an ambitious way to make a living, if using Westfields as the base model, unless you found away to really differentiate you version from anyone else’s, and hence charge reasonable price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Cleaned up really well, though looks like a lot of spiders just lost their home!

One immediate thought though, as it is a little trickier to do on a built up car; have you got the fuel tank crash bar on the back - it’s a solid steel bar that bolts across the upper rear inboard wishbone mounts, and prevents the fuel tank, in the event of a small rear impact, from being punctured by the wishbone mounting bolts.

Hi Dave, I do have the crash bar to fit and looked at that earlier, it looks right awkward to fit  with the body on. Removing the luggage box looks like the way to go for easier access ?

14 minutes ago, dhutch said:

This is mine...

20190518_182438.jpg

20190509_211618.jpg

20190512_111759.jpg

20190518_194445.jpg

20190509_211629.jpg

20190512_183536.jpg

20190519_143353.jpg

Oh dear, do I  see a hole in a piston? Ignition to far advanced leading to a bit of detonation? 

1 hour ago, Sam-Kit car dreams said:

Hi Dave, I do have the crash bar to fit and looked at that earlier, it looks right awkward to fit  with the body on. Removing the luggage box looks like the way to go for easier access ?

Yep, it’s awkward with everything on, you need the boot box out, and the petrol tank released, so you can push it back and wiggle it out of the way, a side at a time.

4 hours ago, Sam-Kit car dreams said:

I live in Droitwich, Worcestershire. 

I’m not far away just outside Bewdley,

looks like your not far away from IVA just a few little tweaks like indicator positions etc.

39 minutes ago, Andy (Sycho) said:

I’m not far away just outside Bewdley,

looks like your not far away from IVA just a few little tweaks like indicator positions etc.

Hi Andy, I may be calling in you then ! We walk our mutt in the Wyre Forest so I know Bewdley pretty well. 

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Yep, it’s awkward with everything on, you need the boot box out, and the petrol tank released, so you can push it back and wiggle it out of the way, a side at a time.

Thought so Dave, looks a right pain ! Job for next weekend I think.

19 minutes ago, Sam-Kit car dreams said:

Hi Andy, I may be calling in you then ! We walk our mutt in the Wyre Forest so I know Bewdley pretty well. 

Anytime just shout. I’m actually by Far Forest next to the Wyre forest

4 hours ago, Sam-Kit car dreams said:

Oh dear, do I  see a hole in a piston? Ignition to far advanced leading to a bit of detonation? 

Cause slightly unknown, but it was an old engine that had been given its share of abuse, 1900cvh which had occasionally pumped up it's hyd tappets a bit when autotesting earlier that day so I wonder if it nipped the valve a few times. 

1 hour ago, Sam-Kit car dreams said:

Regarding my battery thread would this one suit a Zetec engine? Used on a sigma ? https://www.tayna.co.uk/motorcycle-batteries/varta/530-030-030/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrtSZnJal4gIVgr_tCh3g_wsiEAkYASABEgIxWPD_BwE

Expect it would be ok.

I've got a ODYSSEY PC680 PVR25 which was about £90 from PowerVamp via eBay three years ago. 

Only because it's what the car came with so already had the bracket. Changed it once in nine year. Did the first six just of the batt with maybe one charge mid winter, but now have a ctek charger which it's plugged in sporadically, with the socket the flashes green/amber/red in the passenger footwell. 

Daniel

7 hours ago, ajpearson said:

Beats me, just 9 years so far

👍😜😜