Knockhill 7th/8th Sept Sprint

Terry Everall

Defo me please

• 1 month later...

I will post the Regs tomorrow and confirm the the cost is £130 per day ( £260 for weekend) We will get at least 2 Practice and 2 Timed runs ( I am trying to negotiate  3) of 1.75 laps of the circuit. On e day clockwise and the other anticlockwise. Steve Arkley is putting together a list of B&B type accommodation for people who need and a crowd of 5,000 to 10,000 people will be there to watch !. I hope we will get at least 8- 10 Westifields there for this great event which few will get chance to drive so please let me know who is going as I need to do some admin such as car number allocation etc as well as liaise with the British Sprint organiser and circuit for paddock parking etc

Is there any space for camping for competitors. Also we get a mention on the Web site. 

Screenshot_20190715_220906_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190715_221031_com.android.chrome.jpg

I believe that there are camping facilities on site

I will check

Knockhill Sprint

Sat. 7th/Sun. 8th September 2019Supplementary Regulations

Knockhill Motor Sports Club will organise National ‘A’ & National ‘B’ Sprints on Saturday 7th and Sunday 8thSeptember 2019 at Knockhill Race Circuit, By Dunfermline, Fife.

The meetings will be held under the General Regulations of Motorsport UK (incorporating the provision of the International Sporting Code of the FIA), these supplementary regulations and any written instructions the organising club may issue for the event.

Motorsport UK Speed-Sprint National A & National B Permits have been applied for.

Championship and Eligibility: The events are rounds of the 2019 SBD Motorsport UK HSA British Sprint Championship (National A) and WSCC / Northampton Motorsport Speed Series Championship (National B). The events are open to members of the Hillclimb & Sprint Association, Westfield Sports Car Club and Knockhill Motor Sports Club and all registered contenders in the above championships.

Licences: Competitors must produce valid and appropriate competition licences and championship cards.

The Course: The course is approximately 2.3 miles long on tarmac with left and right hand corners. On Saturday will be in a counter clockwise direction, starting in the pit lane entry and finish will be denoted by chequered boards at Leslies (after 1.75 laps). On Sunday will be in a clockwise direction, starting in the pit lane exit and finish will be denoted by chequered boards just after the Hairpin (after 1.75 laps) All competitors will be given the opportunity of 2 practice and minimum of 2 timed runs each, time and weather permitting. A Top 12 run off for the 12 fastest competitors in the SBD Motorsport UK HSA British Sprint Championship contenders will be held at the end of each day.

The Programme of the meeting will be: Signing on starts at 8.00am Any competitor not signed on by 8.45am may not be permitted to start.
Scrutineering starts at 8.00am in the Scrutineering Bay.

Practice from 08.30
Timed runs and Top 12 run off TBA

The events will consist of classes as follows:-

BSC Registered competitors in the 2019 SBD Motorsport UK HSA British Sprint Championship WSCC Registered competitors in the 2019 WSCC / Northampton Motorsport Speed Series C’ship KMSC Members of the Organising Club

Practice and Starting: Competitors will be permitted to walk the course before 8.15 am and will be given the opportunity of two Practice Runs time and weather permitting; Practice runs need not be timed. Starting order will be determined by number order. Cars will start singly. The method of timing is electrical, and triggered by breaking a light beams at the start and finish line. The start signal will by green light. A red light indicates that the course is not open. Timing struts are compulsory S.10.9.

Numbers: Competitors will be identified by numbers allocated, but not supplied in accordance with S.9.2.5.Numbers must be displayed on both sides of the car at all times. Double entered cars it’s the competitorsresponsibility for ensuring the correct number is displayed at all times

11. Tyre Warming: There will be NO tyre warming at this event.12. Noise All Cars must comply with J.5.18 Section G.

The entry list opens on the publication of these regulations and closes finally on Tuesday 3rd September 2019. There will be maximum of 40. All entries must be made on the official entry form. The entry fee will be notified on the official entry form. An additional charge may be made for the use of a garage. Cheques payable to Knockhill Motor Sports Club.

Entry fees will only be refunded as follows:-

a)  Notification of withdrawal in writing before closing date = Full refund.

b)  Notification of withdrawal in writing after closing date and before 5pm on Thursday 5th September 2019

entry fee less a maximum of £50 administration charge.

c)  Any Cheque which is returned from our bank the entrant will incur bank charges + administration fee

totalling £50.

d)  If the meeting is cancelled or postponed for any reason the organisers reserve the right to retain a sum

not exceeding £50 of each entry fee.

Entry Secretary; Duncan Vincent, Knockhill Racing Circuit Ltd by Dunfermline, Fife KY12 9TF

Tel: 01383 723337,
Email club@knockhill.co.uk

Other Officials of the Meeting

Motorsport UK Steward Club Stewards
Clerk of the Course Secretary of the Meeting Chief Scrutineer

Chief Timekeeper Chief Medical Officer Rescue Unit

Awards; Will be presented as follows:

TBA
TBA
Mr Paul Parker TBA
Mr Renny Thomson SMART Timing TBA
SMMC Rescue

FTD
1st Class
2nd Class
3rd Class
Times for the Top Twelve Run off will not be counted in the allocation of these awards. No Competitor may win more than one award. All awards must be collected at the end of the meeting.

Results: Provisional results will be published on the day and final results, if not issued on the day, will bedespatched by post or/and by ‘e-mail within 7 days of the event.

Health & Safety: Health & Safety Guidance notes are available from Knockhill Racing Circuit. Competitors must ensure that they are familiar with these regulations.

PLEASE NOTE

I am discussing an extra Timed run for us either before or after the Top 12 Run off

Where do we get entry forms please 

58 minutes ago, S2T said:

Camping is outside perimeter fence but 50 yards from main entrance (will get more details on this)

The problem for tents, is there's virtually no grassy areas within the paddock to pitch and knock pegs in. 

Obviously not a problem for the affluent members in their motorhomes. ;)

John Loudon will post it for me ( I had problems!) as soon as he can or I can email it if you let me have your email address. Will everyone that enters please contact me as I have to sort out the car numbers. On the day I will sort cars into Car Engined and Bike Engined as the 2 classes we will run.

Regs and entry form now attached here. Please support this exciting event. Terry has put a lot of effort into getting this on the calendar and there will be approx 5000-10,000 spectators. Please put on a good turnout to make  the WSCC proud :t-up:

Spaces are limited so get your entries early!

BSC Entry Form 2019.pdf knockhillsrs - 2019.pdf

I have just looked at the Knockhill calendar

There is a clockwise car trackday on the Friday 10am-5pm so it maybe worth considering to get practice in going over Duffus Dip or the blind exit chicane

nevertheless like most trackdays I imagine the paddock will be busy in the morning and deplete in the afternoon

Come on folks......only 3 downloads so far.

I went to spectate last year and Knockhill is a great circuit and the whole event itself is great with lots to see and do even when your not racing.

Lets be having a few more entries and show case the WSCC to all those spectators.

I even negotiated a reduced price for us ! Gotta be great value IMHO

1 minute ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

I even negotiated a reduced price for us ! Gotta be great value IMHO

A Yorkshire man and Scots man  negotiating....interesting!

• Haha 1