Sun 14 April, 11.00, Matlock

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Sainsbury's Matlock at 11.00 for a run around the Peak District, weather's good!

• Like 1

We’ll be there in spirit, thanks for a great day today both, see you soon ,hopefully in a WESTFIELD  lots of love Andy and Becky.

• Like 1

@S7uyj there is a 3 hour limit for parking in Sainsburys, so it will be better if you park on the hill across the road from the petrol station. I have not set the route yet, so when I do tomorrow I will make it finish back at Sainsburys.

@aeg glad you enjoyed today, have a great day on Sunday xxx

thanks @AndrewBClarke a ride in a V8 for a new comer, what a treat, heated seats too!

• Like 2

Thank you julie, that's great.

I feel very lucky indeed! I love the roads of the peak district. I live in glossop right on the end of the snake pass, I'm still finding hidden gems after living there 7 years! Just need the car to match the roads now!

• Like 1

After this @S7uyjisn’t going to want one of those Duratec/Zetec engines, he will be wanting the noise of a beast under the bonnet :)

• Like 2

I'm in Devon...  have a good day.

Diff breather modified.. oil now stays

in the diff:)

• Like 1

Thought you would have sorted the breather pipe @Trevturtle, nothing stays broken for long on your car. Made myself laugh then, I have got that used to calling you trevtrouble that I tried to type it and wondered why it didn't pick you up on the tag :laugh:. See we are missing you already and it's not even tomorrow yet.

I am booking a table for 5 in approx 2 hours, unless there are anymore?

• Like 1

On 12/04/2019 at 14:50, S7uyj said:

Thanks to Andrew, I will also be there!

Good to meet you today, Stu- I hope you've enjoyed sampling 3 different Westie's to wet your apetite. @S7uyj

• Like 1

Waiting at Sainsburys hoping for a Kinder Surprise

DSC07784.JPG

Blimey, I wasn't prepared for this, a real Cheshire Cat

DSC07785.JPG

I can't imagine what newcomer Stuart thought when the first club member he met was a cat. 

Off to find the litter tray

DSC07786.JPG

Back outside and just as I started to photograph the cars the Peak Rail steam train puffed by, good timing

Bagpuss, us and Andrew at Sainsburys

DSC07787.JPG

My lovely Kinder surprise, train in the background

DSC07789.JPG

We wiggled a route through the Peak District, a V8 behind and a Honda, with Stuart in, at the back. I saw someone press the pedestrian crossing in Bakewell and thought that I had better check Ian got through alright, VROOOM, I didn't need to look as I could hear that he got through, I bet Stuart liked that. We went along the Surprise View road as it was higher and more scenic, to land us at The Millstone Country Inn for lunch, Michael joined us here in the Crossfire.

Bonnets Off, Stuart was keen on a Zetec engined car so I thought it only fair to show him one in a Westfield.

DSC07790.JPG

More Bonnets Off

DSC07792.JPG

Cheshire Cat/BagPuss bought lots of laughs to the day. We're all mad here.

DSC07795.JPG

After lunch and lots of chatter about buying a Westfield, Stuart went the next leg of the journey in Andrew's V8 engined car. Ian followed us so far and then went off home through the cat flap, as we went for cake. Now is the time to take your shoes and socks off because we are going to do some counting. The next stop was at The Insomnia Cafe and we have 4 people

DSC07797.JPG

we have 2 cars

DSC07798.JPG

are you keeping up? we have 5 cakes, yes FIVE, what happens on a meet stays on a meet, so no names mentioned who had 2 pieces of cake!

DSC07799.JPG

We had to return Stuart2cakes :oops: to Sainsburys so Glen jumped in with Andrew and Stuart got a ride in my 1.8 Zetec, maybe not the biggest engine today but no less fun than the others I hope. The company has been top notch as usual, even if Andrew did wind me up by coming for an extra hug just so I could feel how hot his back was with his heated seats on. Stuart was ok with the cold he has done spannering in minus 10 degrees, ouch. I hope everyone has enjoyed today and the nice balance of driving, talking and eating and thank you everyone for driving miles to get here.

It's Easter next weekend and historically nobody comes out to play, the weekend after Andrew has a pass out on the Saturday, which is the 27th, so unless it tips it down with rain we will be next out then. The weekend after is Stoneleigh.

• Like 3

I'm beginning to worry about @IanK (Bagpuss), he might bring something like this next time. A present from Marvin left behind the settee this morning, used to be a pigeon. 

20190414_145650.jpg

• Haha 1

Thank you all for an amazing day! You made me more welcome than I could possibly of imagined and I throughly enjoyed the company, cars, food and cake(s)! 

I thought today might help me make a decision, but I think it's just made me question everything! I'll get there eventually I'm sure!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2