Wirrai N/Wales Y Ddraig Goch. YDG 2019

jeff the joiner

Just seven days to go,  3-4 days driving and no standing around kicking tyres....bring on the sunshine ☀️☀️☀️

We've been on some fab trips. Two years in the Isle of Man, two very wet years in Scotland, yet the YDG has continued throughout, don't know how many years, but it has proved to be a favourite. It's a cornerstone of our area, and over the years we've been joined by a few other areas to share the experience.

The YDG started off as a two day event, soon became a three day event and this year some are doing four days. It doesn't matter what you want to do, even a run out on the Friday if that's all the missus will allow. I'm fortunate, swmbo just says, see you when you get home.

Epic memories, Daz spinning on the hairpin in the Elan Valley, borrowing a hacksaw from the Devil's Bridge cafe, Emily's tea room franchise, Peter Darwin in a cloud of dust and stones, where's Frank, Kylie in the Ridgebourne Inn, and many, many more.

This year will be great, Jeff has sorted a great route and found ideal accommodation.

Bring it on.

• Like 3

John think it was Cheryl not Kylie, I can still hear Frank shouting to me, left, NO right then eight Westfields  ending up in that farm yard, the 2012 video that Graham did and not to mention the guy who led the way down the Elan Valley for only one mile only to lead us all onto a dusty car park, I couldn't stop laughing all day, great memories.

Jeff 

• Like 2

This could get very very messy very quickly......

🚁

Well that’s car sorted for the YDG, nothing fell off........

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mark Redpath - WSCC Membership Secretary said:

Well that’s car sorted for the YDG, nothing fell off........

Mine too. All done ready to go. 

3 hours ago, Dave Stirrup said:

Mine too. All done ready to go. 

Marilyn is all ready to go too, can't wait

All wheels off today cleaned and polished, bodywork tomorrow nearly there.

I'll be burning the midnight oil to prep mine as I'm not back from St Davids until early Thursday evening. Hope the weather stays good for the YDG, it's been lovely here for the last few days. 

12 hours ago, yellow perilous said:

Hope the weather stays good for the YDG, it's been lovely here for the last few days. 

Well that’s us cursed. 🙁

Thank you Lord.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to test my wet weather gear today, ready for the YDG.

Thank you for the perfect deluge and flood, as I was leaving home, which exposed the leakage points, of which there are many.

Thank you for dumping the gallon of water that had collected on my half hood onto my seat as I squeezed into the car.

Finally, thank you for bringing out the sun and blue skies as I arrived home.

Amen.

:Rain-icon:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bollockybill said:

Thank you Lord.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to test my wet weather gear today, ready for the YDG.

Thank you for the perfect deluge and flood, as I was leaving home, which exposed the leakage points, of which there are many.

Thank you for dumping the gallon of water that had collected on my half hood onto my seat as I squeezed into the car.

Finally, thank you for bringing out the sun and blue skies as I arrived home.

Amen.

:Rain-icon:

Better get used to it.  💦💦  

Have you got bracing bars in the roof?

And who mentioned something about a boat trip last week, I think we will all be in one come Friday morning.:marto: