Wirrai N/Wales Y Ddraig Goch. YDG 2019

jeff the joiner

Hey, steady on guys, I've got to share a room with that strange man

Had an idea for something different to keep the adrenaline junkies happy whilst down in Pembrokeshire. How about a 1hr boat trip on a jet boat out to Ramsey Island through the rough fast currents between the main land and the island, plus going into sea caves and viewing sea birds and seals. Cost is £25/ person and we may be able to get a discount if we hire the whole boat.

Happy to organise if there are enough interested.

What do you all think?

Have you got a link to it Mike?

That sounds like fun. Did something similar up in Fife and it was very good. 

You do need to book in advance. These trips are usually quite popular. 

Its a yes from me. 

Talk to Jeff, as we always follow him. He puts 101% into planning routes and places to visit.

Yes, by all means, it's good to put forward ideas, but they haven't always worked out well in the past. Sumptimes sumpthing can go wrong.

Well if sumpthing goes wrong, possibly a hole from a rock, we'll be sunk! 

Cant happen twice surely.

what do you think Jeff? The boat trips are by a company called Thousand Island based in St Davids and they go from St. Justin's lifeboat station.

It's a great idea Mike but how many days will we be down there, it will take all day Friday to get to the motel,  a lot of people have said they need to be back on the Sunday so it just leaves the Saturday for the boat trip?. all I can say is if some of you want to do that trip when by all means you could  organise it.

Jeff

I’ll wave to you from the shore 😂

On 25/05/2019 at 20:48, yellow perilous said:

Hey, steady on guys, I've got to share a room with that strange man

Your choice.

20190528_182023.jpg

• Like 1

Jeff which way are you going when you leave the Tudor rose? can you come past Dobshill and pick me up?

Hi Dave, yes we can pick you up at Dobshill fuel station, we hope to come past there about 10/15 mins past 8am. Be fueled up and ready to go as we will not be stopping there.

Nic,Rich and Andy we will meet you on the car park opposite the fuel station in Bala about 9/ 9-15, LL 23 7 post code.

Jeff

Bags packed and ready for heading down to St.Davids in the morning for a weeks holibobs with my dear wife. Back next Thursday evening for a quick turn around ready for an 8.00am start on Friday morning for the YDG to South Wales.   "BAD PLANNING OR WHAT!!!" 

Back down probably a lot of the same roads but a lot more fun. 

Just bring on the ☀️ 

P.S. New car shower cover arrived this morning from Walker St. Claire just in case of 🌧

Mike

Getting closer, getting excited.

On the 2012 YDG, I started off, 8 am, in tee shirt and shorts, by mid afternoon I put on a jumper as I was getting sunburnt.

Hoping for the same this year, hope this hasn't jinxed it.

One last job to do, re-waterproof my half hood.

On 28/05/2019 at 18:21, bollockybill said:

Your choice.

20190528_182023.jpg

Thanks John 😀

• Like 1