My rebuild..

Rob the Red Top

22 hours ago, jimbobtcc206 said:

Rob, I don’t think the QED450V is a regrind as I asked them this directly earlier this year and they said not but may be worth checking to make sure. Not sure if the head needs machining for clearance but you may need to go to solid lifters with a more aggressive cam. I believe the QED450 and 450V needs solid lifters.

I have solid lifters and the new SBD ones shouldn't require any ahead modifications. I did mention the QED to them and they said he results should be the same, its just that their cam is a newer profile and had some advantages... Price was roughly the same so though I would stick with SBD.. Thanks again for the advice...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rob the Red Top said:

Too much is never enough :cool:

Oh, and I did consider a turbo but I don't like the torque and no weight....

The QED’s are something of a time warp design now, it’s true! The SBD cams should be very good.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

The QED’s are something of a time warp design now, it’s true! The SBD cams should be very good.

Really looking forward to getting her out now... They may be a time warp, but the ones I have currently are a design that is quite a bit older... It should be really good...

10 hours ago, Rob the Red Top said:

Really looking forward to getting her out now... They may be a time warp, but the ones I have currently are a design that is quite a bit older... It should be really good...

just need to sign up to the speed series now :t-up:

1 hour ago, syman84 said:

just need to sign up to the speed series now :t-up:

It is on my list... Not sure I can do it all but may come and have a go at a few..

8 hours ago, Rob the Red Top said:

It is on my list... Not sure I can do it all but may come and have a go at a few..

Definitely come to the club organised Blyton weekend. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rob the Red Top said:

1 hour ago, syman84 said:

Definitely come to the club organised Blyton weekend. 

Absolutely