Clan McWesty: Strathfillan Wigwams - 21-23 JUNE 2019

Rab (bombero) Reid

Hi ALL

I've been off grid for some time now and even allowed my membership to lapse. Membership renewed and I'm looking to catch up with you all for this weekend so, what are the arrangements (apologies if this has already been explained):

1) What time and where are people meeting on Friday? 

2) Is everyone just bringing enough bbq grub for the Friday night (if we're having a bbq at all?)

3) Are we bringing grub for Saturday breakfast or heading somewhere? 

4) Saturday evening meal? 

Ta!

Hi Rab 

welcome back even though you never left,

1, due to hospital and work I can’t get away early , I think John Baxter, Jim and Laura, Jim and Jean and Brad and Diane are heading upwards not sure who’s meeting who though

2, as there’s not a large bbq , it’s up to folks as to wether they want to do a bbq at the huts and then congregate for a blether

3, Saturday morning breakfast at the real food cafe , time ???? How does 9 sound for breakfast ( I need to let folk know for joining us on the Saturday ) 

4, the cafe is open until 9.30 and would see us together but would mean going into tyndrum and would be dry in case of inclement weather

thoughts ?? Anyone 

• Like 2

Gary

there are a few options to throw in...

The tyndrum inn has a pretty good bar menu (maybe for the sat night, although may have to book a largeish group).

There is a reasonable sized fully equipped communal kitchen for anyone wanting to cook there on fri night.

Thanks for all your ( and Rabs) organisation so far - its much appreciated.

Dave

• Like 1

Plan on being at Kilmahog around 10:00am.

Probably get a brew in the coffee shop then head of for Tyndrum.

Then go for a run up to Ballachulish and back down the coast road to Connel and back to Tyndum.

Probably stop at the Oyster bar in Connel for lunch.

Looking forward to the weekend.

Run.JPG

• Like 1

I can join you for breakfast at The Real Food Cafe, but can't make the run with you on Saturday. I'll convoy up with Matt and look forward to catching up over a full Scottish 😀 but will head back to the Borders thereafter. Hope you have a great weekend!

Cheers, Brian.

• Like 1

I can't make the Friday but will catch up with you all for breakfast at 9am at The Real Food Cafe on Saturday. I'll be staying Saturday night at the wigwams.

• Like 1

Hope to join you guys for the Saturday drive.

Will tie in with Bob Craig to see if we travel to breakfast meet or meet you on route

On 17/06/2019 at 06:43, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Hi Rab 

welcome back even though you never left,

1, due to hospital and work I can’t get away early , I think John Baxter, Jim and Laura, Jim and Jean and Brad and Diane are heading upwards not sure who’s meeting who though

2, as there’s not a large bbq , it’s up to folks as to wether they want to do a bbq at the huts and then congregate for a blether

3, Saturday morning breakfast at the real food cafe , time ???? How does 9 sound for breakfast ( I need to let folk know for joining us on the Saturday ) 

4, the cafe is open until 9.30 and would see us together but would mean going into tyndrum and would be dry in case of inclement weather

thoughts ?? Anyone 

9 fine fo me for breakfast , let me know about barbi, or pub for food,  so we know what to bring , will be leaving chirnside about 13.00 hrs on the friday. see you all soon 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jonsey said:

9 fine fo me for breakfast , let me know about barbi, or pub for food,  so we know what to bring , will be leaving chirnside about 13.00 hrs on the friday. see you all soon 

Think the consensus is to pub for food Saturday night, Friday night whatever is easiest 

starter sorted ?

hi Gary,  yes new brise starter working at the momment, even with the harley davidson battery, 😃 have made up a heat sheild to protect starter hopefully, see you at the weekend.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jonsey said:

chirnside , will head up the m9 , can meet en route 

Meet at Stirling Services 2:30pm Friday?