Susy’s tearoom, Tighnabruich, PA21 2DX and petrol

calmac ferry terminal, PortAvadie, PA21 2DA

Tarbert,

Lochgilphead (petrol if needed)

Kilmartin,

Erredine,

Dalmally,

Tyndrum

this should give us a about 160 miles plus the ferry and about a 6 hour day with stops

so what time for breakfast???

442F9174-8F39-48AD-AAEE-76BBDF5FC0A3.jpeg

8583B8A4-90F9-4F53-A743-BA398B9045F6.jpeg

• Like 1

Ferry details 

cost £8.65 per car and £ 2.80 per person it’s turn up and go and holds 18 cars, payments are either cars or card and taken on the ferry

ferry departs PortAvadie at 0945 and then hourly and takes approximately 25 minutes to Tarbert and you need to be there at least 30 minutes before departure time and it’s 5 miles from the tea room / petrol

image.jpg

Looks like a great route and even better a lot of roads I haven’t driven before.

Really looking forward to next weekend. 

• Like 1

Gary, Crianlarich to Arrochar can be so slow - get caught behind a caravan and you're doing 40mph all the way, f-all places to overtake especially when traveling as a group.

2 hours ago, BigSkyBrad said:

Gary, Crianlarich to Arrochar can be so slow - get caught behind a caravan and you're doing 40mph all the way, f-all places to overtake especially when traveling as a group.

We’ll ban caravans then 😀

well see how we go hopefully as it’s the first section after breakfast they’ll still be packing up, 

ill have another look and see if I find an alternative option :yes:

That section from Cladich to Inveraray is quick and flowing, 10% of the traffic, and open in sections for ,albeit segmented, overtaking - guaranteed smiles for miles!

Whether you go the left or right side up the loch from Ford, they are both single track. The left has almost zero traffic but there is logging operations all along it, and the right sees more oncoming traffic. Both are a Scottish scenery fest, as is the whole of Argyle - especially when the wild rhododendrons are in bloom, the area is a sea of purple.IMG_20170604_115542.thumb.jpg.cffbb4a861f032cfa8f269284cba9c6c.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good a good route.

Anything planned for Friday …

Don't get access to accommodation till 3:30 in the afternoon.

Was planning on Kilmahog for around 10:00 then a run before getting back to the Strathfilllan for 3:30.

Lunch stop somewhere on route.

Any suggestions?

Hi due to cardiology appointments we won’t get away from up here till mid / late afternoon 

so hoping to be there between 7 and 8 as it’s a good 3 hours down for us

so I haven’t planned anything Friday except getting there , settled and then a beer and blether

saturday; breakfast then the run out lunch at the cafe , ferry, and back then a bbq or cafe ( depending on weather) and then a beer n blether

sunday breakfast before we all head for home

I'll join you for the run on Saturday if that's ok. Just need to know what time for breakfast. 

Revised route looks much better by the way. 

If you're doing a cafe etc for meal on Saturday night in Tyndrum, suggest you get an idea of numbers now and book it.

Matt

• Like 1

I can’t make the whole weekend, but there’s still an outside chance I could join you for the Saturday run. Thanks for the route which I’ve put into my satnav. If I can make it, I’ll see you at the Real Food Cafe for breakfast. I’ll let you know one way or the other nearer the weekend.

Cheers,

Brian

I have taken Friday off but am North of Tynedrum but if anyone wants to do a wee run on the Friday and for that matter the Sunday I would be up for it.

• Like 1

Can't make any of this, sadly. We're off on our family holiday this weekend.

Have a great weekend guys.

David

• Like 1

Depending on work, I might be able to join in on the Saturday run

Did the Run to Portavadie a couple of weeks ago. Love that area. 

Bob

• Like 2