• Malvern, Help Registration Closed
  • Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Switzerland tour 2019

Gary Taylor

URGENT ACTION REQUIRED 

here is the reply I got from Quixote in Grosrouvre for our booking 4/5 June 

**Quixote**
Hello 
Yes I’m sorry but from the 15th March 2019 to 2020 all the house and guests rooms are rent for a family 
Best regards 
Frédéric

next post will have the alternative accommodation so if you were staying at Quixote you need to cancel and rebook 

if folks can post on here to confirm they’re sorted I would be grateful 

I’ve taken a 2 bedroom villa so Geoffrey and Trina / me are booked, they have 1,2 and 3 bedroom suites and villas

http://www.booking.com/Share-mtvR5P

Gary and Geoffrey thanks for the update.  Your cancellation was the only hotel I couldn't get booked into. However as you are now 1/2 hr south of my booking I have re-booked a double room at Chateau Montlieu with you. I have held onto the other booking for the time being in case anyone else has difficulties.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, neptune said:

Gary and Geoffrey thanks for the update.  Your cancellation was the only hotel I couldn't get booked into. However as you are now 1/2 hr south of my booking I have re-booked a double room at Chateau Montlieu with you. I have held onto the other booking for the time being in case anyone else has difficulties.

Nice work Martin , I think we’re about there now just Jim and Laura to sort out next

so that’s Geoffrey, Ali & Gail, Jude, Martin, Trina & Gary at the Château , Jim & Laura and Dave ( bike) are at another hotel so we’re all sorted 

• Like 1

It's all exciting stuff. Going to Portugal just before Brexit day so I've spent the £5.50 on an International Driving Permit. All hand written at the Post Office, it takes them an age to match vehicle types covered against your driving licence. I thought it would be wise to be abroad on Brexit day to avoid the unrest and riots!

Were going to Westminster shortly for a training course on "How the UK Parliament Works" expect to see most of the current Cabinet there with the PM in the corner at the back. Who says pensioners don't know how to have fun.

• Like 2

Whose heading down the M1?, we will from Birmingham and could meet up at Newport Pagnell services or somewhere similar.

I will be meeting Gary at York and we will be coming down the A1, M11 and then onto the M25.

Screenshot 2019-03-09 at 13.38.39.png

1 hour ago, Alan France, Route66 - Shows & Events Coordinator said:

It's all exciting stuff. Going to Portugal just before Brexit day so I've spent the £5.50 on an International Driving Permit. All hand written at the Post Office, it takes them an age to match vehicle types covered against your driving licence. I thought it would be wise to be abroad on Brexit day to avoid the unrest and riots!

Were going to Westminster shortly for a training course on "How the UK Parliament Works" expect to see most of the current Cabinet there with the PM in the corner at the back. Who says pensioners don't know how to have fun.

If you see any labour benchers, just remind them that we as a country dont want Isis wives back here unlike the daft statement made today please :rolleyes: such morons......

7 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

Just an update today on driving abroad. Its still a mess with that 'B' word, just thinking of you all being legal over there and others contemplating an away trip over the water.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47459859

Cheers  TJ it’s a crazy situation when they don’t even know what they’re doing with our country 

It appears 1926 and 1968 IDP’s will be required if we need them, I can just see the lady in the post office now when I ask her for them lol

the 1926 idp covers lichtenstine and the 1968 covers the rest for the sake of £11 I may just get them anyways

14 minutes ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Cheers  TJ it’s a crazy situation when they don’t even know what they’re doing with our country 

It appears 1926 and 1968 IDP’s will be required if we need them, I can just see the lady in the post office now when I ask her for them lol

the 1926 idp covers lichtenstine and the 1968 covers the rest for the sake of £11 I may just get them anyways

It is nuts mate. As long as you all get sorted , but whoever you may meet over the water wouldn't have the foggiest what paperwork you had and what it means to you or anyone  :oops:

• Haha 1

I think it will be postponed so I'm not panicking...

Yet

• Haha 1