Switzerland tour 2019

Gary Taylor

11 hours ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

No worries. 

Myself and  Gary are on Garmin and we have most of the routes programmed in.

would have shared.

Which Garmin do you have ? Might be worth buying one

i have a garmin,  and tomtom, was going to take tomtom as garmin is for the motorhome and its a 7 inch screen,  does anyone have a detailed route ? 

Gary and Geoffrey do I believe, were just going to follow. I think one them is going to be at the front and the other as tail gunner to keep us all together.

Ive put the hotel addresses on my TomTom already so worst case and we get split we will just head there.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jonsey said:

i have a garmin,  and tomtom, was going to take tomtom as garmin is for the motorhome and its a 7 inch screen,  does anyone have a detailed route ? 

I put them onto a micro sd card for Geoffrey when we met on Friday morning 

it takes a couple of minutes, but don’t know if the card would work in a Tom Tom 

there are still a couple of routes to physically put in as they won’t store the route due to some passes only opening now

• Like 1

On 07/04/2019 at 23:58, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

https://www.bls.ch/en/fahren/unterwegs-mit/autoverlad/kandersteg-goppenstein/tickets-kandersteg-goppenstein

and our online train ticket for the car train , valid for one year from when you book nite we will be going through on Sunday the 2/6/19 so make sure you select the correct option

and we’re travelling goppenstein to kanderstag option 

2F069FB3-5B30-4280-8D69-96362D803C4C.png

Just tried to book but i can only specify mon to thur or weekends and no option for a specific date is this correct or should i be specifying the date of travel ?

On 12/04/2019 at 18:30, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

Myself, Gary and Trina have booked tickets on this.

The Gelmerbahn Funicular.

We will go to this, the one like a wooden train and the open topped cable car throughout the day and then do the St Gottherds pass in the evening.

Anyone else care to join us.

Screenshot 2019-04-12 at 18.29.51.png

No more spaces for 1st June . Will have to find something else to do or hope they hold back spaces on the day

9 minutes ago, neptune said:

No more spaces for 1st June . Will have to find something else to do or hope they hold back spaces on the day

I don't have a ticket either

Just now, Jude - The Mad Widow said:

I don't have a ticket either

I guess we just find a good bar !!

1 minute ago, neptune said:

I guess we just find a good bar !!

Definitely! That's a favourite of mine...

On 16/03/2019 at 18:21, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

My tickets arrived for this today.

Thats myself and Gary with tickets.

Anyone else joining us.

Ok so i've booked this plus vignettes for austria and switzerland and the train thingy.

Already booked the eurotunnel and gave my 2 IDPs.

Anything else i need to pre book to keep tagging along ? 

Never thought i'd get this far !!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, neptune said:

Anything else i need to pre book to keep tagging along ? 

Never thought i'd get this far !!

You're ahead of me and I was always going to go! 

3 hours ago, neptune said:

Just tried to book but i can only specify mon to thur or weekends and no option for a specific date is this correct or should i be specifying the date of travel ?

Give uncle Gary a call on zero 7715554020

but it’s weekend rate as we travel on the Sunday make sure you book goppenstein to kanderstag 

dont worry to much about the gelmerbahn as they run every 20 minutes and the pass will just be open as they have had late heavy snow 

4 hours ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Give uncle Gary a call on zero 7715554020

but it’s weekend rate as we travel on the Sunday make sure you book goppenstein to kanderstag 

dont worry to much about the gelmerbahn as they run every 20 minutes and the pass will just be open as they have had late heavy snow 

Thanks Gary i think sussed it:

20190508_180331.png

• Like 1

We've not booked anything for the 1st yet as it's about half way through and a 2 day stop over. We will see what we fancy doing a bit closer.

Still not bothered with IDP's yet as no sign that we are leaving while we are away, but very easy to get in Brum if things change which is unlikely.