Switzerland tour 2019

Gary Taylor

2 hours ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

I will be meeting Gary at York and we will be coming down the A1, M11 and then onto the M25.

Screenshot 2019-03-09 at 13.38.39.png

What time do you reckon you'll be getting to the M25, we could meet up on there somewhere?

3 hours ago, Jude - The Mad Widow said:

I think it will be postponed so I'm not panicking...

Yet

No panick at all as we can’t do owt till we see later this month what mess the government actually makes and then respond accordingly  

3 hours ago, Ali and Gail said:

What time do you reckon you'll be getting to the M25, we could meet up on there somewhere?

Not sure yet. 

Will confirm in due course.

• Like 1

My tickets arrived for this today.

Thats myself and Gary with tickets.

Anyone else joining us.

• Like 1

Undecided as yet.  

I mean, if there is a bar close by I MIGHT be there... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just now, Jude - The Mad Widow said:

I mean, if there is a bar close by I MIGHT be there... :rolleyes:

Strict drink driving laws over there.

Why dont you have a look to see what's close by.

Yep I will be ordering them as soon as the car has an mot !!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just had this from my mums insurance company ( I look after it for her, so emails come to me). Note the 4 week thing. Just incase !! 

Whilst uncertainty remains on whether the UK leaves the European Union without a Withdrawal Agreement (a 'no-deal Brexit') on 29th March, if they do, UK motor insurance customers driving in the European Economic Area, Andorra, Serbia, and Switzerland will need physical proof of motor insurance when they travel. This is called a Green Card.

We have now developed a smooth and seamless process for you to obtain a Green Card if you are planning on driving in the European Union on or after 29th March 2019.

We will not charge you for this Green Card and it can be obtained by following the steps below:

• Login to your My account
  • Select ‘Request Green Card’ from the My account homepage
  • Follow the on-screen instructions

Please be aware that there is no digital version available, a physical Green Card is the only valid format.

Your request will be processed within 24 hours of receipt and sent to you in the post the next working day, first class. We recommend requesting your Green Card up to 4 weeks before you travel.

• Like 3

On the basis that we are governed by spineless incompetent individuals who can’t take care of our country and her population and with a B day of 2 days before we leave home and to cover myself I was in town this morning for X-rays 
So popped into the PO and caused chaos and got 2 IDP’s at a grand cost of £5.50 each
1 x IDP 1926 covers Lichtenstein 
1 x IDP 1969 covers the rest of Europe 
Yes in 2019 I have just got myself a 1926 document !!!!!
Anyway you need a passport photo for each and only the driver requires it
We still don’t know IF we actually need them but given our rural location up here I got mine

AF187CA5-5CE5-4F38-93FF-D4EBD86ED132.jpeg

52309D26-3DD3-42A2-BBFC-E54815D6A4A8.jpeg

• Like 1

We are going to do the same mate

• Like 1

https://www.bls.ch/en/fahren/unterwegs-mit/autoverlad/kandersteg-goppenstein/tickets-kandersteg-goppenstein

and our online train ticket for the car train , valid for one year from when you book nite we will be going through on Sunday the 2/6/19 so make sure you select the correct option

and we’re travelling goppenstein to kanderstag option 

2F069FB3-5B30-4280-8D69-96362D803C4C.png

• Thanks 1