Switzerland tour 2019

Gary Taylor

4 hours ago, Ali and Gail said:

I've renewed my Westy insurance and break down cover with A plan today. They assured me that even if we do leave the EU before we travel in May that all insurance policy's and breakdown cover taken out before we leave the EU will be honoured.

That’s nice to know, unfortunately mines due end of April ie after the March timeline lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi folks, had this email from Pit Strahl in switzerland

"hi Folks,

what a  nice trip, congratulations !

How many of you are on the trip more or less?

I live in the southern part of Switzerland, near the lake of Lugano. I call it the eldorado for seven drivers or similar men toys. maybe I could arrange it to be free from 29/05 to01/06. I know plenty of beautiful narrow, very curvy single track roads down here. I am sure you would like it. Also there are plenty of nice Grottos (local inns) with simple delicious local food. If interested in more information please feel free to write me. It would be nice to see you guys curving around here, cheers Pit "

I have been in touch with him via the Lotus seven club of Switzerland,and have been in touch with them for a while now, and I have posted our itinerary with them as well , so hopefully we can meet up with Pit and some of the other members, then reciprocate when Pit comes to Scotland

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Happy new year everyone 
BIG NEWS our adventure is no longer next year , it’s THIS year
Happy planning

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonsey said:

Hi Gary , happy new year to you too, time flying by, wont be long now

Happy new year, yes I’m really looking forward to it 

• Like 2

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:38, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Happy new year, yes I’m really looking forward to it 

Spend less time on here and more time getting it finished Gary :p. I can imagine on the day of the trip, you filling the car with oil and water and fire up for the first time :laugh:

What could possibly go wrong there :oops:

1 hour ago, Thrustyjust said:

Spend less time on here and more time getting it finished Gary :p. I can imagine on the day of the trip, you filling the car with oil and water and fire up for the first time :laugh:

What could possibly go wrong there :oops:

Nothing like a deadline to focus the mind

or

a multitude of wires lol

on wiring duties tonight, cop drivers wired into the ecu, labelling every wire as I go to make the joining up easier ..... I hope

A slight fly in the ointment as have a funeral on Saturday, I mean really, what happened to using a week day for these things ( it’s ok Ronnie would have seen the funny side bless him)

15 minutes ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

A slight fly in the ointment as have a funeral on Saturday, I mean really, what happened to using a week day for these things ( it’s ok Ronnie would have seen the funny side bless him)

Thats not good Gary, sorry to hear, but a Saturday ? Pffft, thats lie in day ................:d. Bottoms up Ronnie 

• Like 1

ok folks thats my new passport arrived and trina and my API information done for eurotunnel, make sure you have this added to your booking

132 DAYS TO GO

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, neptune said:

I only applied for my new passport on Friday.

Hi Martin. 

Mine came through within a couple of weeks which surprised me.

What surprised me more was that I was able to get one.

• Haha 1