Newcomer Megablade Westie

Alex Lucas

Couldn't tell you about compatibility with Litium Ion my AGM battery has never shown any sign of giving me trouble and its tiny and light.

I have looked at replacing the RGB but I put a bit of effort into my box there are a couple of posts I put up when I rebuilt it.  The main issue is making sure the fixings stay tight and that you keep it topped up.  You will find a drain plug in the bottom and a fill plug half way up the off side (check oil level by just topping up).  There is a very small breather hole on top of the box to the rear - its simple but the box just progressively throws the oil out - I've adapted mine and it seems ok - you will probably find threads about fitting a breather catch pot, i tried this but found that the oil got thrown out in the first couple of miles and then drained back down when you left it.  Stopped oil dripped off the box onto garage floor but doesn't keep the box lubricated.  I had a machine shop machine an alternative port into the casing which seems to work.

Check out http://www.abperformance.co.uk/products.aspx?cat=37&scat=46 basic price is £350=vat (Sierra diff - you may have a freelander) for the motor and ring gear. you then need to add switch gear and do something about the prop shafts - note you don't have a direct line from the engine flange to the diff flange.  Best give Andy a call to find out what he does.

You may be right about the baffle plate I've got a billet sump fitted.

Re windscreen wipers - its a Megablade, remove the screen junk the motor unit and save some weight:ph34r:.

The only way to work out what it is you need to do is get out and drive her!

Standard filter just got replace

IMG_1099.thumb.JPG.6e1e89280aa67dcf1ee294bac9c7cde4.JPG

Had to hand over some hard earned to mister bates who also fitted it - tidy job.  He said he found quite a lot of foam debris in the jets when he stripped them down.

Another link to mister bates web site http://www.abperformance.co.uk/products.aspx?cat=39

Worth checking the jets to see if its been dyno jetted if it has I'm sure Andy will tell you the settings - I might be able to find the info.  He will also provide the dynojet kit as well.

I bought mine after several previous owners had spent a small fortune on carbon fibre but had omitted to address a couple of engine issue - like its oil habit:bangshead:

I had to get hold of a second set of carbs as the original jet adjusting screws had seized up.  It's dead easy to get the carb on the bench for a quick look at general condition and to clean them up.