Peak District's Finest, Sun 17th June

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

14 hours ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

@Ali and Gail making a girl wait, is it 2 wheels or 4 this weekend? 4 wheels come with the next installment of cake gate! 

@Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO See you in the morning :d

I've been hanging on, but now it is confirmed......we are having the Grandchildren staying over tonight :d so i can't come out to play :cry:

Have a good one. :t-up:

ooh, nearly, Paul, enjoy your grandchildren and we will catch you next time. I am very pleased Ali and Gail are coming too because I have just been out arranging our cake for tomorrow afternoon and we have a special 'Westfield Parking Area' that the lady is sorting for us, it would look a bit daft with only 2 cars in it.

Hi would you mind if Sue and myself join you tomorrow? I read and viewed your previous spins around the peak district with envy,but either I've been working or the weather has been bad (Sorry I'm a fine weather driver).

P.S have they caught that road fouling Daisy the cow?:d

Hi all, really sorry but now going to have to give tomorrow a miss. Gail's done her back in decorating today. Even a drive to the pub for a pint tonight was painful for her. :( Not even got any food in for tomorrow :cry:

Sorry to hear that Gail is hurting, hope it improves soon, see you next Thursday at the Falcon?

3 hours ago, Andy Westwood said:

Hi would you mind if Sue and myself join you tomorrow? I read and viewed your previous spins around the peak district with envy,but either I've been working or the weather has been bad (Sorry I'm a fine weather driver).

Hi Andy, it will be good to see you tomorrow but I'm afraid Julie always finds the roads that the cows have left deposits on so be prepared!

Sorry , I'll miss this ..work to finish on the car, tidy the garage and DIY,...allneed to be done.  Most weekends are now busy with university open days , so I need to get on top of the jobs.

Have a good one

16 hours ago, Andy Westwood said:

Hi Andy and Sue, Of course you are very welcome and the good news is that I have not invited Daisy. Sorry to hear about Gail, wish her a speedy recovery. See you all soon, Julie

I must pride myself today on finding NO COW POO, let's hope it lasts hey! We met at Matlock where the blinking toilets were shut, so it was a quick scoot to the shopping outlet. In future we will meet at Sainsbury's where there is petrol and a pee. Andy and Sue, Martyn and Sue with Paul and Pat in the VX. At Matlock Paul let me have a little drive around the car park in his VX, for which I feel very honoured, it is harder than a Westfield to get in and out of and you see nothing out of the rear view mirror, it felt a positive drive, it was lovely . It certainly looks the biz too.

DSC04439.JPG

We sliced a route through the centre of the Peak District, meeting the Spire Classic Car Run coming in the opposite direction, so lots of waving there then. Up the very fine Winnats Pass, just look at that empty tarmac begging for my 4 new tyres, of which I am exceptionally pleased with, exceptionally.

DSC04441.JPG

Then it was a slow run down Mam Nick to take in the scenery

DSC04445.JPG

Arriving at the Rambler Inn at 11.55am, just before it opened, meaning an empty car park and pub, simples. A table for 8 soon became a table for 10 when Chris and Mo arrived.

DSC04452.JPG

The feasting began

DSC04455.JPG

The view of the Great Mam Tor Ridge from the car park.

DSC04457.JPG

Bonnets Off - the view of the great 2 litre Zetec in Andy's car, complete with a gold rocker cover. We could have another caption competition with this photo!

DSC04460.JPG

Paul went next with his turbo 2 l which he has just changed the cam belt and water pump on, it's service day tomorrow, he keeps a nice car there.

DSC04461.JPG

Andy and Sue ready for the off

DSC04462.JPG

We set off for more of those views over Mam Nick, those hills, those twisty roads, all lacking cow poo. We were now a 5 car convoy, with Chris and Mo.

DSC04471.JPG

We arrived at the cake stop and parked in our designated area

DSC04474.JPG

DSC04479.JPG

To the grand finale, the cake, but someone couldn't wait, so we had an empty plate on the table didn't we Paul?

DSC04481.JPG

All the ingredients for a great day out - driving, bonnets off, eating, scenery and great company, thank you to everyone for making it happen. It's Shelsley Walsh next weekend so we hope to see you all back in the Peak District the weekend after.

• Like 4

Hello guys, Sue and myself would just like to say thanks to you all for a great day. Good company and beautiful views we couldn't ask more. Hope to join you all soon.  P. S and the food was pretty good too 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1