Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

57 minutes ago, AdgeC said:

@SXRORY Car's looking smart. Burrington's fun and usually quieter, find the speed limit in the Gorge tends to "limits ones options"!

thankyou gave it a clean!

Its actually 40 up through the Burrington "gorgey bit too"  I "tend" to enjoy the scenery then as soon as I hit the cattle grids..... well its nsl ..cough!  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RobH72 said:

On the drive after a productive weekend... Only owned her 3 weeks and the spanners are already out!

Carbs rebalanced, earth leak tracked down and temporarily fixed, some tidying of wiring (work in progress), drivers seat runner modified to help me with legroom (being freakishly tall!) and fitted a new 55mm Coolex radiator (on new rubber bobbins with a modified fan mount) which has dropped water temps nicely.

Hopefully get some shots out and about if this weather holds! 

P90914-173101.jpg

Rob - interested on your seat mod..... any pics you can share...  I could do with a few extra inches myself 😉🙊!!!

10 hours ago, LythamBrownie said:

Rob - interested on your seat mod..... any pics you can share...  I could do with a few extra inches myself 😉🙊!!!

Couldn't we all! Haha! 

Unfortunately I didn't take pics! My drivers seat wasn't moving back as far as the rear bulkhead, when I removed the seat I found a couple issues.

The first was the carbon floor panelling my car has hadn't been fitting correctly to the floor... Removed, reshaped to give clearance around the steel floor mounts and refitted. I also fitted a small plate to make sure it didn't lift and foul the runners in future. 

The second was the runners... After a lot of measuring I realized I had about 10-15mm to play with. Looks like the floor straps are slightly further forward on the drivers side than the passenger side. Not wanting to do major surgery on the straps, I re-drilled the mounting holes on the runners. You may have to weld up the old holes to keep the integrity.

Another thing I found was years of detritus under the seat and in the runners! A bit of cleaning and some silicone/PTFE lubricant and the seats run freely. 

I now have about an extra 30-40mm, doesn't sound much but with the seating position it makes a huge difference. 

Every little helps!! 😁

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Storvite said:

Just bought this one!

2F295B79-A4A3-4044-90E8-ED88258A7A45.jpeg

Which kid did you just buy, and from where?

Oh right.... the car!  My bad.  Nice car, looks a bit of a beast!  Enjoy :) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

Which kid did you just buy, and from where?

Oh right.... the car!  My bad.  Nice car, looks a bit of a beast!  Enjoy :) 

thank you! its a 1500 fully tuned busa lump in there

14 hours ago, RobH72 said:

Couldn't we all! Haha! 

Unfortunately I didn't take pics! My drivers seat wasn't moving back as far as the rear bulkhead, when I removed the seat I found a couple issues.

The first was the carbon floor panelling my car has hadn't been fitting correctly to the floor... Removed, reshaped to give clearance around the steel floor mounts and refitted. I also fitted a small plate to make sure it didn't lift and foul the runners in future. 

The second was the runners... After a lot of measuring I realized I had about 10-15mm to play with. Looks like the floor straps are slightly further forward on the drivers side than the passenger side. Not wanting to do major surgery on the straps, I re-drilled the mounting holes on the runners. You may have to weld up the old holes to keep the integrity.

Another thing I found was years of detritus under the seat and in the runners! A bit of cleaning and some silicone/PTFE lubricant and the seats run freely. 

I now have about an extra 30-40mm, doesn't sound much but with the seating position it makes a huge difference. 

Every little helps!! 😁

Cheers dude!!

These were taken a couple of months ago.  The car is currently on jack stands with the engine, transmission, and parts of the interior removed, so not quite as photogenic at the moment.

westfield-side-1-s_orig.jpg

westfield-int2-s_orig.jpg

-John

• Like 7

MOT test time - my local garage decided that it was better to use a Tapley meter to measure braking efficiency as light cars tend to skip on their rollers. John and Lucy the owners squeezed into my narrow SEi for the brief drive. Lucy is, er, 'solid' while John is 6'5". It was not the best of fits! But the car passed, which is the main thing. 🙂

IMG_6586.jpeg

• Like 6

A morning well spent, I'm liking the look of the new stripes.... Worth at least another 10bhp! 😂

P90928-163824.jpg

• Like 3