Breakdown cover? AA alternatives?

Wobblyprop

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for an alternative for my AA cover for the tin tops, for me, my wife and one of our sons.  The AA price is going up crazily for no apparent reason.  We have 'Roadside' and 'Relay'.  Any ideas? I learnt about A-Plan insurance for the Westie on the forum, so I thought someone might know about breakdown cover too.

Autoaid. 

Fantastic service and the price is brilliant.

We use Start Rescue for all the house hold cars, both children have had to use their services and have had no problems. 

Have a Britania policy that covers us for all our vehicles, & any other we travel in. Their service has been very good too.

I have Start Rescue too and they have been great on the couple of occasions when I have needed a truck to get back home

LV Britannia Rescue

I ended up going back to the AA this year. Already feeling like despite “rejoining discounts” I’ve had my pants pulled down!  But I wanted one sole point of cover for all vehicles without taking out a policy for each. And to be honest, not being too well at the moment I just didn’t have the energy or time to hunt round again.

I did last year and went with A Plan, very reasonable, BUT, only cover3d the single nominated car. I did look at a few others too, but there always seemed to be a catch. I recall one of the highly recommended companies seemed to essentially work on a system where you paid the recovery crew on the day, and then they’d refund you later! (Sadly, I can’t remember which one that was.)

+1 for AutoAid.  40-odd quid a year and it covers you and wife for any car you're in (even if you don't own it I think).  Used 'em on the Westy when my throttle cable snapped leaving Stoneleigh last year and they were great - recovered me home on the right sort of truck

• Like 1

Another vote for Autoaid used them on Tuesday when the rad burst at the top of applecross pass had a truck there within the hour and straight home no fuss at all

With Autoaid this year after using Greenflag for years. Now current latest wife and myself for £45 in any vehicle we have our butts in. if I wanted to pay the recovery and then claim was £40 , but I think its worth a fiver to not worry about that. I was heading to £150 with green flag , which was for 3 off us , considering our Volvo is covered by Volvo, the Skoda by Skoda , so we only needed cover for the Westie and daughters car.  She has now got her breakdown on her insurance renewal.So, over £100 better off this year.

LV Britannia does my two road cars and Motorhome as well as trailer recovery for myself and wife plus any vehicle I am in which is not mine and its all on one policy

16 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I recall one of the highly recommended companies seemed to essentially work on a system where you paid the recovery crew on the day, and then they’d refund you later! (Sadly, I can’t remember which one that was.)

I think it's Green flag.

see  https://www.greenflag.com/breakdown-cover/policy-pdfs/breakdown-policy-summary.pdf  page 23 In the event of a breakdown.

Could be Don, they were definitely one of the ones I tried.