• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

S200 on eBay

Weekend Warrior

As usual when bored I flick through eBay and came across this ,as a relative newbie and having limited knowledge what do the more savvy amongst us think .

What are the  pros and cons ,many potential new westy owners have cash waiting at this time of year and are looking on the net is this a good buy ?https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Westfield-Mega-S2000-kit-car/323224140145?hash=item4b41a8f971:g:d4IAAOSwSXFa33Jb

Well it's certainly a large collection of nice parts and worth a closer look.

I know this car & the owner who was a member on here, I sold a few post Iva parts to him. From what I’ve seen of the the build it looks very good & has all the right bits

It was up for sale about 18 mouths ago but I’m sure I was cheaper, it may have had fewer parts though. Could be a good buy for someone.

It's depends what you want.  For someone looking to build their own then the asking price appears to be less than the sum of the parts but an extra £250 would buy the S2000 in the forum classifieds that's finished, IVA'd on the road and ready to enjoy this summer

That’s a hell of a kit of parts for the asking price. Also bear in mind it’s a Mega S2000 with a lot of the desirable upgrades.

The fully built car in the classifieds, whilst a lovely looking car is an S2000 conversion on a regular SEiW chassis, not a Mega S2000 - hence the exceptional value price it’s up at. The built car is well known in the NE Area and well worth a look if you want something ready to go and enjoy the “summer” with.

If you want a project on the other hand, there’s an awful lot here for the money.

If it genuinely only needs headlights then add on a grand for lights IVA and registration. There's no way you could build one for less. Looks a bit of a bargain to me.

I reckon most of us with roughly equivalent specs will have spent low to mid twenties to get to that point.

1 hour ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

If it genuinely only needs headlights then add on a grand for lights IVA and registration. There's no way you could build one for less. Looks a bit of a bargain to me.

You could build one for less when I built mine, not so sure now though. Plus prices seem to be on the rise so there could even be a decent profit in it, if you wanted it.

1 minute ago, Sycho said:

You could build one for less when I built mine, not so sure now though. Plus prices seem to be on the rise so there could even be a decent profit in it, if you wanted it.

Yeah, looked at the WSC price list a few times recently for various people, and there’s been some stiff rises in the past few years.

I was a little concerned by the comment that after module one of the build he gave up as there wasn’t a module two

id hate to think that someone would give up due to lack of instruction. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Stuart Faulkner - Shows & Events Coordinator said:

I was a little concerned by the comment that after module one of the build he gave up as there wasn’t a module two

id hate to think that someone would give up due to lack of instruction. 

He’s lucky he got the part 1 of the manual:oops:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Sycho said:

He’s lucky he got the part 1 of the manual:oops:

My thoughts exactly, didn't realise you S2000 boys had it so easy :nope:

Must of missed the bit that explained this site is the manual. Shame :(

I know a couple of people with cash burning a hole in there pocket and they are having no joy contacting steve who is selling the car