Rockingham track day 25th May

Andrew

Fog aside, I had a great day! I didn't think  Rockingham in the wet was too bad, once I stopped tiptoeing and drove it harder to get some heat into the tyres, 

Will get some video up later. 

In conclusion, would do again :D

Oh, the cafe was a bit pricey. 

Had a brilliant day, great to meet some new people and really enjoyed sliding the Mazda around all day. The car took some abuse but put up with it brilliantly. 

Shame about the stoppage but nothing we can do about that, was quite nice chilling out and drinking tea!

I'm looking forward to the video footage from everyone!

3 hours ago, RussH said:

Fog aside, I had a great day! I didn't think  Rockingham in the wet was too bad, once I stopped tiptoeing and drove it harder to get some heat into the tyres, 

Will get some video up later. 

In conclusion, would do again :D

Oh, the cafe was a bit pricey. 

Cafe WAS a bit pricey, but would love to be there with my car when I can.

one of my videos out on my own. lots of sliding around, but skip to about 3min for the real 90mph brown trouser moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some entertaining laps with a new passenger on board

Are you running the 3.6 diff barney?

No idea mate, but I would guess from the acceleration vs top speed it's a 4.1

6 hours ago, BCF said:

@Timmay Zoom Zoom we never got to chat after the suspension tweaks, did you notice any difference?

Deffo felt different but was still too slippy for me to get on with it. Thanks for the advice though. Going to experiment now.

• Like 1

Final video from me, captain drift at the helm this time

• Haha 1

I'll ask the question I think we all want an answer to - what's with the gloves @RussH?

11 minutes ago, Timmay Zoom Zoom said:

Deffo felt different but was still too slippy for me to get on with it. Thanks for the advice though. Going to experiment now.

No worries at all. I'd recommend getting along to procomp or AdamR at CleaR motorsport to get the car set up, it was so stiff that I think a good geo and corner weighting session would go down very well.

• Thanks 1