Speed Series Online Applications are open

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

Put us out  our misery them Martin and tell us which club is better for you?

very disappointed that you feel unable to take part in the speed series where you have been very welcome and made lots of friends and its only £25 for the year and you get the T shirt

I will be sorry to see you leave

I've entered but as per Maurici, only for the Blyton event. The early decision to remove the sprint championship for experts meant I made other commitments elsewhere and the decision to re-include experts came too late. That, alongside so few events in the south, means I've taken the decision not to compete in the speed series for the foreseeable future.

I am likely to come back to Westfields at some point, but I like the look of the HSA, B19 or BARC championships as alternatives.

I'm still interested in all things speed series as I've found it such a fun, supportive and great group of people, hence my interest in who has entered and in what class, just a shame the make up of the championship no longer works for me.

If I get out I plan to enter HSA championship Terry.  I’m also disappointed as you dropped one of my favourite events, so forced me to look elsewhere.  In doing so I’ve realised that some other competitions offer a far wider choice of events, some that I haven’t done before and would love to and many where I can still meet up with you guys. 

There are also many more events down this end of the country. May be when organising next seasons events the SSOT could consider some more down this end rather than multiple visits to the same venues! 

I don’t see the point in entering SS when I won’t be able to put in enough rounds for a championship score. 

Not leaving Terry, just taking a year out to broaden my horizons. 

Just to clarify that the only "southern" event we dropped from last years calendar was Wiscombe which was very poorly attended. Its interesting on perception of north and south. Birmingham is the acknowledged dividing line and even people who live in the "north " have to travel 200 miles and 4hrs/5hrs to Anglesey but it is always one of the most popular and well attended venues and with events run by Longton DMC you get lots of runs rather than just 2 practice and 2 timed runs With 37 events on our calendar the SSOT believes that there is a good spread of events for everyone.

• Like 1

I don't get why people don't enter anyway. The entry fee is peanuts, gets you a T shirt and discounts from a variety of sponsors. Im not sure what there is to lose by entering, even if you don't compete

• Like 2

I´m glad we are going all to be together in byton, witch unfortunately will be my only motivation this year (Can´t say yet not to Anglesey, will see if my financtial situation has improved) regardles of the club that supports the entry.

I do Agree that 25 pounds for the sake of the support and the shirt, isnt a big deal, but I don´t think this question should be discused here. Everyone have their reasons for supporting//not supporting it, and It have to be accepted.

I´m way too new in the club to actually make a decent evaluation, but hearing some voices from people I though was fully commited to the SS, and seing the numbers that the SS is managing (roughly 40 entrants from a club with over 1000 members only in uk and with a great percent of them with actual track focused cars), something needs to be done to start from scratch and make the series really inclusive and atractive to everyone, and that, despite the great efforts of the SSOT, seems that is not happening. Maybe is time to re-invent the series to see what happens. (venues, format, scoring, classes... don´t actualy know how to make it better).

See you all there Lot, and hopefully will be more than my single blyton planned event!!

Cheers!

Only 2 days left to enter. Current numbers are doing well and are around 50

Last few hours to enter. Numbers are looking good so far

2 hours ago, terry everall said:

Last few hours to enter. Numbers are looking good so far

will we get site of the runners and riders this weekend then terry?

34 minutes ago, syman84 said:

will we get site of the runners and riders this weekend then terry?

You worried about who you'll be competing against @syman84:p

Not me!

59 minutes ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

You worried about who you'll be competing against @syman84:p

Not me!

No just wondering who is coming out to play still plenty of work for me to do ahead of my first event.

@Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO why are you not coming out to play this year  

Dave has entered this year!

• Like 1

Entered to support the SS.

Not competing though as a) Can't do a full season b) Lardy One not competative for full assault on Novice Championship c) If I compete at 1 sprint I become an 'expert' d) I'll not go there here!

We might change expert status to 20 or 24 events next year!!!!!!!!:d

1 hour ago, terry everall said:

We might change expert status to 20 or 24 events next year!!!!!!!!:d

What will be will be Will do! :cry::getmecoat:

Could change to based on results.

If I could have done a full season I probably would have done so even with the handicap, but can't anyway.