Westfield Price guide

m1kew

40 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

One important thing to remember come renewal time is that should you decide to not renew then you must inform your insurance company. You may have a significant discount that REQUIRES club membership. 

This alone often makes the fee worthwhile!

Very true, the insurance companies mak ask for a membership number when you first take out insurance, but they won’t actualy ask for proof of membership till you make a claim! In which case, if it’s lapsed and you’ve not informed them, a whole world of pain may await you.

What part of the country are you located in Mike?

I am a very new Westy owner. I was looking since April last year and I joined the club so I could pick peoples brains, gain some knowledge and get along to meet people. I met some great, helpful and friendly people through this forum. One member was exceptionally helpful and took me out on track, came to see cars in Telford and Durham with me (both over 2 hour drives) and kept an eye out for what was for sale. If I hadn’t joined this club and without his help I wouldn’t now have my ideal Westy which incidentally I purchased through the club. Also worth noting the discount I got on my insurance effectively reduced my club fee.

Based on my experience my advice would be:

1. Join the club and take time to go out and meet people with cars that float your boat so you can experience them properly. I thought I had to have an S2000 or Duratec and it had to have 4-pots. I ended with an awesome C20XE Vauxhall engine and whilst it does have 4-pots I would not care if it had standard M-16’s as they stop way better than I ever imagined.

2. Do not rush in. Bide your time, do the research and wait until what you really want comes up. It’s cheaper to buy the right car than to start changing major things to make it what you want.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply guys @CraigHew im from Holmfirth west Yorkshire, will definitely attend some club meets to see what others have got / recommend .

I have to admit I have been looking in to the caterham world too but need to see and know the real differences before taking the plunge either way , im not the sort of person to pay for a badge so its all what you get mechanically for your money.

Ive also been looking in to other engine setups as people have said on here , anyone got a boosted mx5 engine westfield for sale haha?

Look forward to the club meets

Edited by m1kew

I'm just up the road in Shelley, and am part way through a Sport 250 build, if you fancy having a look/chat/coffee PM me if your interested?

I'd highly recommend you come along to one of the meetings we have in the areas, Robin is our local AO, and runs a couple of meetings a month, like this one

I normally come along the the breakfast meeting every month, and have to say its a great bunch of like minded people, who are very friendly and have a wealth of knowledge, and can give you a great insight into WF ownership.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

B&Q over sixties discount day, then Gary ? :d

Make sure you bring your ID so I can get the discount :laugh:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, BugMan said:

I'm just up the road in Shelley, and am part way through a Sport 250 build, if you fancy having a look/chat/coffee PM me if your interested?

I'd highly recommend you come along to one of the meetings we have in the areas, Robin is our local AO, and runs a couple of meetings a month, like this one

I normally come along the the breakfast meeting every month, and have to say its a great bunch of like minded people, who are very friendly and have a wealth of knowledge, and can give you a great insight into WF ownership.

Not far away at all then , will drop you a pm 

Im definitely up for the breakfast club meets, I will try and get to the next one 

Thanks again everyone 

41 minutes ago, m1kew said:

Out of interest, what do the s2000 engine’d westfields fetch nowadays ?  

Depends what you mean. If it’s literally what does a Westfield with an S2000 engine in cost, then about the lowest I can remember off the top of my head was around £8/9000 years ago, for one of the early S2000 engine transplants into a modified Westfield that someone had done. However, there are very, very few of these cars around, as it was always regarded as one of the most tricky/expensive engine swaps to do. And of the conversions done, I suspect most were done as quite high spec competition setups, so not cheap, as and when they occasionally come up for sale.

However, the “proper” :d factory engined car, the Mega S2000 is only three and a bit years old as a model, and was a premium model from launch, again, while it’s been popular, not many come up for sale. The range of prices I’ve seen seem to be typically high teens to low twenties, depending on spec, age, condition etc.

The fact that the S2000 car itself has now started increasing in value as a modern classic means that we’ve also seen the supply of engines and transmissions for a few thousand or so, now start to be high threes and even four thousand plus. This will ultimately also have something of an effect on Westfield Mega S2000’s values too. 

• Like 1