21st Party -Hillclimb try and evening dinner

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

A fantastic day and night at Shelsley,  what a brilliant way to celebrate 21 years of the Speed Series :t-up:

A huge Thank You goes to @graham frankland for organising this event. I know personally how much time, effort and stress went into putting this together, so well done Graham great job. 

I would love to know if any of the non Speed Series members who drove the hill yesterday have been bitten by the bug and now want to have a go competitively????

• Like 6

Had a great weekend at Shelsey. Great company, and wonderful experience. Surpassed my expectations, such a friendly atmosphere. Nice to meet other forum members in person.

Thanks to Graham and the organising team, plus the the marshals et al for a enjoyable event.

• Like 3

Hi Adge

I was linked into the the hill radio during the day.

This was my first experience of an insight to the other side of our sport and how diligent the marshals, medics and course control are!

The one's we had at Shelsley yesterday to me were really top draw!

I shall be putting our gratitude in writing to them all tomorrow!

Thanks for your nice comments

Graham

• Like 5

Cracking weekend thoroughly enjoyed myself, well for all Rtr organising and putting this on

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KugaWestie said:

Excellent event I really enjoyed it.

As I said after the meal, surely we need to try and make this an annual event now........

But not clash with a round of the SS :getmecoat:

1 hour ago, syman84 said:

But not clash with a round of the SS :getmecoat:

It didn't when it was booked !!

• Like 2

Thanks to all WSSC an MAC guys and girls who made Driving the Hill possible yesterday.  It was my first time at any track event. Had a fantastic time plus a fantastic day for the 250 mile drive round trip to Selsley Wash.  

• Like 1

Well even with 21 years of Speed Series behind me the Shelsley weekend has to rank as one of the best events I have ever attended.

Hugely enjoyable with a great mixture of driving at one of the world's most historic motorsport venues and meeting up with so many friends from current and past Speed Series seasons. Even able to have a chat with Chris and Richard Smith and Holly.

None of this would have happened of course without the vision, time and effort from Graham Gluten-free Frankland and his helpers, Steve Robinson for an excellent after-dinner speech and MAC and their team of marshalls.

Thanks Graham and to everyone else involved for a memorable weekend.

Keith-the-Teeth!

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, XTR2Turbo said:

It didn't when it was booked !!

I know and was a shame that snetterton got moved.

Just a thought if so many enjoyed the event, when I was at Prescott a couple of weeks ago there were guys running in 3 wheeled japs not to MSA regs and had there own scrutineering But at a MSA national B event. Do you think we/ssot could look into something similar for the blyton weekend that way we could have people dipping there toe into speed events without the massive outlay up front. I suppose similar to Javlin sprint series but for just one event a year. Not to interfere with the speed series competitors or MSA regs but one class separately for a come and have a go, many people stay for the weekend after the track day anyway.

• Like 1

Just to add my thanks too. First time on a hill climb and was beginning to get the hang of it by mid afternoon. Still braked about 25yds too soon on the approach to the esses. Never mind, will be better next year!

I would particularly like to mention the people from MAC for a great job in every way and to all those from WSCC too. See you next year - please?? 

• Like 1

Big thank you to Graham GF FRankland and John Panda Williams for organising a fantastic event,also the marshals and volunteers who worked tirelessly all day.

Managed 16 runs in total and having non grippy 15 year old tyres added to the fun and exitement

Bring it on again !!!

Jim and Julie

Excellent, well organised event, thanks to Graham, John & others for putting in the effort, don't know how you managed to arrange the weather, but well done on a fantastic event......It was great to catch up with lots of familiar faces....even if they played there music too loud and too late for the locals!.......so what we doing next year???? 

Absolutely perfect weekend in my favorite place. Thanks Graham for the huge effort you put into organizing this.