Black friday deals

DamperMan

I might be doing some this wrong! ..  Please moderators moderate if I am.          I though it might be good if members spot some really good  "Westfield friendly" deals others might be interested in and share.     I think maybe there should be 2 rules.  

1.    No self promotion unless your paid up trader

2.    Some sensitivity if your sharing something which is in direct competition to the paid up traders which support the club 12 months a year.

Great post Damperman, there is confusion, and a certain amount of grey areas!

Traders, that’s relatively easy.

Traders have their own section of the Boardroom where they can publish details of Member Specific offers and promotions, along with pretty much anything else they wanted, (as long as it was within the Forum Guidelines that we all signed up to, at least).

In addition a Trader May post in any thread, anywhere on the Forum, with information about a product or service they offer that would be useful for anyone reading that thread.

So in other words, someone puts up a thread asking what to do about their leaky dampers, Damperman (for example), can quite legitimately answer the post as he best see’s fit, including recommending Spax as a replacement product.

Equally, a Trader could announce a Black Friday special for members, in, say the Start Line, BUT the actual promotion details should be in the Traders section. (The Trader can of course link to this from the Start Line Post).

For non Traders, it’s a little trickier. Members can of course recommend a product they’ve used in any relevant section of the Boardroom. HOWEVER, if it’s discovered that they actually are directly associated* with the manufacturer/supplier, then on a case by case basis, it will be considered to see whether it’s just spam. (In this case associated* infers gaining pecuniary benefit from any sales, either by discount or by direct payment, goods in kind etc) - side note, this is why we ask anyone looking at sorting out bulk buys, etc to speak to the committee first, so that they don’t get accidentally caught up in this).

Of course, the club respects and encourages those members that occasionally come up with a great niche product idea for their car, and wants to make a few of them for others in the club. Again, we just ask that you speak with the committee first, so that you don’t accidentally get caught up in the whole spam thing. I can’t stress highly enough, if you have an idea like this, we as a Club want you to do well, our dearest hope is that your idea really does take off, and that we can eventually welcome you as a Trader yourself with a successful product to sell.

Finally, don’t forget you can always post links to external adverts in the External Adverts section! Though again, if you’re constantly posting adverts to your own business, you will eventually either be asked to become a Trader, or be considered as Spamming the Forum.

I looked at liquid, black trim polish on Halfords website cost £4.50; then a couple of days later I thought I'll click and reserve before travelling but the price during the Black Friday event days had gone up to £5 so decided to wait. 

Is Black Friday another marketing con and has anyone else seen examples of this kind of thing?

• Haha 1

Eurocarparts is always good for deals, subscribe and you get regular emails good for discount oils etc, their current black Friday event is ''10 days of amazing deals'' lol

Silverstone deals:

On Black Friday (Friday 24 November) get 20% off any 2018 Car Track Day date

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/track-days/car-track-days/?utm_source=emailmarketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=black_friday_teaser_2017_22nov2017&utm_content=2017-11-22

On Black Friday at 7am (24 November) we are releasing a previously closed grandstand, Copse C, and adult weekend tickets will be available for £199 for a short period only. Black Friday tickets are limited and subject to availability.

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/2018-formula-1-british-grand-prix/?utm_source=emailmarketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=black_friday_teaser_2017_22nov2017&utm_content=2017-11-22

Just checked ECP and oil must not be included at the 60% discount as it gave 50% which was also available around the late August Bank Holiday; however I did notice the Castrol Edge oil had gone up £5 since I last checked (£2.50 after discount).

On 22/11/2017 at 12:16, bunje said:

i hope demon tweeks have the offer on the wheels like they did last year ive been holding out for it

Im hoping for this to. after one of my wheels is now ruined after a mishap with it not wanting to be on the car any longer

I bought mine on the week deal.. it made me wonder what sort of margin they must have.  Also it made me wonder if after it happened a few times everyone would never buy at full price and hold out until the deal again. 

20 minutes ago, bunje said:

@chriss1455 no such luck on the wheels by the looks of it

They have 13” Pro race 1.2 on at Just over £400 delivered - is that better than normal?