A modern take on the 7

Sparkymart

Always wanted one!

Donkervoort built a seven initially, before upgraditis set in big time!

This has the history.... 

14 hours ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Joint Manchester AO said:

Always wanted one!

Donkervoort built a seven initially, before upgraditis set in big time!

This has the history.... 

Great clip .I love the back end of it

Watching the first video reminds me that I must design my own logo for the Aim dash start screen :d

really like the Donks, pity about the price tag. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/07/2017 at 15:14, CraigHew said:

I liked the push button bonnet fixings.

I'm guessing they're bespoke unless anyone knows different?

I Found these but they are from America not a bad price

https://www.kartek.com/parts/stainless-steel-dual-button-flush-mount-aviation-style-push-button-latch-assembly.html

Very nice.

I disagree on the dash. It looks like the designer sneezed...

Those of us that have been here for a while will remember what happened last time someone aid that :o:o:o:d :getmecoat:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blatman said:

Those of us that have been here for a while will remember what happened last time someone aid that :o:o:o:d :getmecoat:

Oh yes!  what a treat  ,  never laughed so much since :d

2 hours ago, Blatman said:

Do tell more...!

15 hours ago, Martin Rice (Sparkymart) - Cornwall AO said:

Do tell more...!

I would but the search failed me :o 

I wonder if one of the admins, in a quiet moment (yes I know...) could rummage through the "old" site and dig up a link to that thread...

An American member with a turbo Busa powered car and a very Fast and Furious mindset posted a picture of his new dashboard up, for critique and was, ahem, somewhat surprised at the results!

that dash.jpg

This in turn led to a comment that became legendary in the folklore of the club.

Did you put all the switches and guages in your mouth and then sneeze ??

The original thread is here.

The pictures are long since gone, fortunately those of us that were around at the time knew that would happen and saved the incriminating evidence.

I have to say, ordinarily, I wouldn't condone making someone's hard work into a mockery, and I dare say things would, and probably should be different now. But conversations with that particular member were always slightly surreal, and the dash, well, what can you say.

Hmm, having just had a leaf through that thread again, things would deffinately be different now. As much as I miss some friends from back in the days the original thread was written, I don't miss the nature of the Boardroom back then. Fine down the pub with your mates, but not good for the club long term. You can see just how much has changed over the intervening 13 years. (Gulp! 13 years...)

8 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Hmm, having just had a leaf through that thread again, things would deffinately be different now. As much as I miss some friends from back in the days the original thread was written, I don't miss the nature of the Boardroom back then. Fine down the pub with your mates, but not good for the club long term. You can see just how much has changed over the intervening 13 years. (Gulp! 13 years...)

Wow. Totally different atmosphere in that thread to what I've seen since I've joined recently. Granted only 1 thread but certainly a whiff of the pistonheads forum in there.

Agreed. I confess, I actually nearly deleted the link, once I'd gone back and read the thread, I'd forgotten how far we'd come.

Different times :(

13 years. (Gulp! 13 years...)

goodness me :o  OK, the swear filter has been upgraded... 4 forks ache...

And

I neither started it nor fanned the flames which was a pleasant change of pace for me. :o:d :getmecoat:

• Haha 1