My homemade hayabusa turbo 7 DASH

BUSANOSTRA

Umm...

Is it me, or are all the switches behind where the steering wheel is gonna end up?

???

Andy

Umm...

Is it me, or are all the switches behind where the steering wheel is gonna end up?

???

Andy

Its you mother father!

When do you flip the switch?  night & raining ?....why waste the area.

not cool chaps!

nice work BUSANOSTRA, hope you enjoyed doing it.

Is the car built already? if not, you'll need to put a rolled edge on the dash at the very least.

full marks for effort

not cool chaps!

Was I tactful ?  No

Offensive ?  Hopefully not

Amusing ?  Probably not

Honest ?  Yes !!

If people post stuff on here then it's open to comment by others and occasionally they may find people have opinions they don't like.  I happen to think the dash looks messy and not very user friendly.  But that's *my* opinion.  I'm sure people find my ponchant for all things anodised blue a little odd....

It's a bit like when people post photos on things like Nikon user forums and want people to comment.  What they *really* want is for people to say "yeah, that's great !  Nice one !", when in fact a more honest comment might be "Errrr, it's a bit rubbish" or "As a photographer you make a great golfer....".  But nobody does because "it's not the done thing".

In hindsight maybe I should have kept my opinions to myself, but I won't edit it just yet.

not cool chaps!

Was I tactful ?  No

Amusing ?  Probably not

Honest ?  Yes !!

If people post stuff on here then it's open to comment by others and occasionally they may find people have opinions they don't like.  I happen to think the dash looks messy and not very user friendly.  But that's *my* opinion.  I'm sure people find my ponchant for all things anodised blue a little odd....

It's a bit like when people post photos on things like Nikon user forums and want people to comment.  What they *really* want is for people to say "yeah, that's great !  Nice one !", when in fact a more honest comment might be "Errrr, it's a bit rubbish" or "As a photographer you make a great golfer....".  But nobody does because "it's not the done thing".

In hindsight maybe I should have kept my opinions to myself, but I won't edit it just yet.

A bit out of order really. The guy's put  effort in @ the end of the day. U shouldn't take the p*** even tho' it was a bit of banter. I'd never do that......

Buzz

not cool chaps!

Was I tactful ?  No

Amusing ?  Probably not

Honest ?  Yes !!

Nick....If i say...

Nick...the pr...k  "That's my opinion too"  Isn't it?

So what da sh*t are u talking....this is only cars.

The problem here is, most of you who hang out in this forums thinks you own the post. Anyone who pass by your domain will be hit. This is surely a gang-up corner.

Its not productive as most forums that I've been.

Never mind the effort of the person, never mind the technical discussions, never mind the friendly and innovation.......

but most important in this forums is the one liner arrogant mother!

Take that one liner out and be technical. Go get the Sh*t out of the forums once is awhile and let other people pass-by.

Hey, at the end...this is also my opinion!

I assume the clocks are from a Hayabusa or similar bike at least that's what they look like to me - 'most' people mount the warning lights in a 'T' directly in front of the driver so they can be seen thru the top of the steering wheel without taking your eye from the road too much.

Personally I'd have mounted the switches below the clocks, hanging from the dash if necessary as they need to be accessible and you need to be able to see them but not as much as a warning light - talking of which, can you reach the Hazard light switch when strapped in? if you're going to use harnesses rather than inertia reel belts I'd guess not.........

You've only had 8 posts so please don't judge this forum based on your experience so far, there's plenty of helpful advice if you ask..... :t-up:

By the way, do you realise you've put the steering wheel hole on the wrong side?   ;)  :oops:  :D  :D

PETERG   ----->"Personally I'd have mounted the switches below the clocks"

There is no clock, its an acumen (shift indicator 1 to 6 speed). The gauge cluster is from Hayabusa. I tried to make it as simple as it can be but I "need" 3 most important gauge in there. The turbo boost gauge, the EGT gauge, and the fuel pressure gauge. Those gauges are not there for lipstick show.Messy or not, the functionality is the most important to me. At 14psi of boost, you have no choice but to see if the air fuel mixture, the fuel pressure is working properly....no margin of error.

Westfield also has a bar across behind the dash and that is my limitation. Anything a bit longer will be on the way of that bar.

Nick....If i say...

Nick...the pr...k  "That's my opinion too"  Isn't it?

So what da sh*t are u talking....this is only cars.

Well at least Nick's post wasn't offensive...

Yes, some people on here do actually know each other, but gang up corner?  I think not.  You only have to look around the newbies and chat section to see how welcome new people are made to feel.  Sure, there are some "in jokes" around here, but that's what happens when you are part of a friendly club.  

And as for the "never mind the technical etc etc..." thing - well, isn't that the point?  People here have tried to point out things for you that you may not have noticed, e.g. will you be able to see and access the switches etc.  That's technical assistance is it not?  

And if all you can do is react angrily and accusatorily to a little criticism, why would you expect to be welcomed?

BUSANOSTRA if you post up a link to something you have done basicly saying look how clever I have been and someone else does not like it please dont get the  :arse: on. I must admit that its not the way I would have set my dash out and Nick comment did give me a little chuckle. The initial post did come over as a bit like look how cleaver I have been so expect to take flack as well as praise ;)