• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

My homemade hayabusa turbo 7 DASH

BUSANOSTRA

PeterG Got you!..... Bonnet vs hood!

also "You've only had 8 posts so please don't judge this forum based on your experience so far, there's plenty of helpful advice if you ask..... "

The way I see this, I'm  in the initiation process. This is a gang up group. There are tons of one liners here that is moron comments and there is also a person who barely comes here expect/accept  a more technical critisism and be productive. The one liner has to go. For me quality vs non-sense quantity.

Matt " The initial post did come over as a bit like look how cleaver I have been so expect to take flack as well as praise "

I am not looking for medal & praise. That's why I emphasized "homemade" and I expect some rubbish critisim and also a more intellegent advice not a  "one liner stupid moron". Its been used a lot here..  a waste of time.....might as well email each other better yet use IM.

I think someone has got off on the wrong foot here.

As the first person to respond to your original post, perhaps I should explain.

I looked at your photo, and the first thing that occurred to me was the positioning of the switches. I wasn't sure you'd thought it through, so I pointed it out.

I don't think my post was particularly confrontational.

While Nicks post after mine may have been more 'direct', I think it's a classic case of 'foreigners' not fully understanding the British sense of humour.

You say:

This is a gang up group

Nothing could be further from the truth. You appear to have misinterpreted the tone of some of the earlier posts, and it was you that made the first 'confrontational' post.

Its you mother father!

I'm assuming that this was a barely hidden reference to a more commonly used insult (that probably wouldn't have got through the obscenity filters on here).

My suggestion:

Take a deep breath, and read the comments here again. There's some sound advice.

We're not a bad bunch, really we're not.

Andy

Never mind the effort of the person, never mind the technical discussions, never mind the friendly and innovation.......

but most important in this forums is the one liner arrogant mother!

Take that one liner out and be technical. Go get the Sh*t out of the forums once is awhile and let other people pass-by.

*shrugs*

I'm sorry if my honesty and vague attempt at humour were mistaken for arrogance.  

You may not be aware of this but there is a motoring journalist (Jeremy Clarkson) who used that phrase to describe the switch and guage layouts of, I think, either a Porsche 911 or a TVR of some sort.  That was why I happened to make the comment as it was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw your dashboard.

AAARRGGGGHHHHH !!!!!!!!  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO REMIND ME OF THAT HATEFUL PROGRAMME ??!!??!!  THE ONLY REASON I ACCEPTED AN INTERNATIONAL ASSIGNMENT WAS TO ESCAPE EASTENDERS* !!   :angry:  :angry:

*OK, not strictly true.... :D

BUSANOSTRA, you may find the gear indicator a bit difficult to read in sunlight (unless the LED is VERY bright)... I found mounting it in a small dash under the aeroscreen (if you're going that way) helped hugely.

BUSANOSTRA

Quite simply I find your choice of words and implied wording offensive. The comments from the others, who I do not know, I find amusing.

You could easily have led this thread to whatever conclusion you wished for and could turn round the comments with some simple questions for example 'why do you say that ?', do you think so' to get an understanding of others viewpoints even if you did not agree.

I've no reason to take sides and I trust you take these comments in the friendly manner in which they are intended.

Regards

Ash

Oh yeah,

Booked a ringside seat  :p This looks like it could be fun!

I nearly typed Rimside seat, that would have offended someone I'm sure.

Actually Ringside could be misunderstood as well.

This place is becoming a mimefield, (large open space with a geezer in a pretend box - you really dont want to go there)

I agree with most posts in this thread, if you cant take the critism critisism oh hell with it p##s taking try another site.

By the way, my personal view is that the dash has not been thought through from a driving it perspective. The bank of switches above the steering wheel could be dropped onto a plate/panel behind the gear lever and could have left the area behind the wheel for the important stuff ie the boost gauge, warning lights etc. They will end up obscured by your hands.

Good luck with it anyway

Nick M   "so where would your productive input be ?"

Look...I installed a turbo to a non-turbo Westfield. I overcomed every Suzuki electrical Wizardry. I have a wealth of informations in regard to turbocharging and other problems encountered during the process.

I once posted my project but nothing except some untechnical stupid one liners and some jealous dude.

So, how do you encourage a fellow Westfield enthusiast share a bit of info?

Here is a classic  retarded one liner.....just like in high school looking for someone to gang-up.  

Frau Vesty  " Just leeev it Nick, eee aint worf it"  

Be yourself Vesty!

The Bear

"By the way, my personal view is that the dash has not been thought through from a driving it perspective. The bank of switches above the steering wheel could be dropped onto a plate/panel behind the gear lever and could have left the area behind the wheel for the important stuff ie the boost gauge, warning lights etc. They will end up obscured by your hands."

I'd rather get this kind of critisism than a joke and non-sense one liner

adhawkins ..... sorry

I will never invade your domain.  Its a hangout of some that no one is allowed to pass by.

This forum will grow and will be respected, get rid of one non-technical one liner.

I will push myself out, I know I am not wanted and thanks....

It's called friendly banter...Im going to stick my neck out and suggest that more people probably found it amusing than retarded...

PS, if you would like a very recent example of how new people are usually accepted, and not "pushed out" by this "gang" you refer to, try looking here

Doesn't that tell you that maybe it's more to do with your attitude than other people being part of an exclusive gang which no-one else can join?