Oh god not another intro...

Samuraipxi

I feel a new (re)build thread starting and all the fun that brings :yes:

Finally I can update this thread!

Life has been doing what it does best, keeping  me too busy to do want I really want to. But I have finally been able to get  in the garage and get some work done restoring my Dad's pride and joy.

I can't tell you how good it feels to have made some much needed progress. My Girlfriend was working nights all last week, so I took advantage of the situation. "Don't worry I'll stay out the house all day so I don't disturb you." ;)

In the few hours after work each day I was  able to take out the engine and gearbox. Then I took apart the front suspension, what was left of it anyway :oops: After that it was windscreen, seats, dashboard, pedals, LPG tank and finally the wiring loom.

She's looking sorry for herself at the minute but the light is beginning to get brighter :)

I'll upload some photos later. Thanks for all the encouragement guys. :yes:

• Like 3

Great to hear you're making progress. Look forward to seeing the photos.

Gary

Glad to hear you're able to make some progress. Keep up the good work. You'll know your car inside out out by the time you finish. Don't forget to take lots of photos, for that "where does this bit go" moment in the future! And to post on here of course :t-up:

• Like 1

Looks like a great way to carry on your dads legacy. OK, so the chassis is a bit bent, but look at this as acomplete refresh to bring the car up-to-date, and keep it running for many years to come.

You could maybe look at doing an almost resto-mod type project.......e.g. go fuel injected which would possibly mean you could loose the lpg. Irrespective...I wish you all the very best, and there is no better way of getting to know a car inside out 🙂