Silverstone camping plans.

Stu Faulkner

As per last year I will be camping from Thursday night.

Its included in your weekend camping pass so it doesn't cost anymore and you miss all the traffic but most importantly we get to drive into the venue in a convoy, if you have an infield pass that is.

Quite a few did this last year but a few got lost as the camp site is massive.

bsb-and-wec-map-silverstone-woodlands-campsite-2016.jpg Unless i'm mistaken most of us we were camped where the red cross is.

So unless there are any other ideas do we want to try to met here again?

I'll bring the big WSCC whip flags to help guide you in.

• Like 3

May need to be flexible depending on 'enemy' occupation! 1 plan was to be Hurd'ed :laugh: into a 'cordonned off by first arrivers' area near to hookup pitches which @Paul Hurdsfield and other tin sheders will be using!  

So Large whip flagging a must for congregating. I'll bring Mancs as well. 

I'm aiming to arrive Thursday too (although possibly late), as is my Sister who'll be joining the amassed WSCCers in her camper.

We could do with a list of all Campers (& if sm tent/ lg tent/camper/tin shed) so we can try and commandeer a large enough area.

• Like 1

I've booked the three days again, and am hoping to be down on the Thursday, like last year. I did think to suggest, if we got the two six metre whip flags, we could mark the ends of an area, and we could always use the 30th anniversary two metre flags to marks the sides?

3 minutes ago, Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO said:

I will take the one next to that pitch then please

Given the snoring sounds coming from that tent all weekend, the expression "between a rock and a hard place" springs to mind.

:p :p :p

• Like 1

I'm currently on holiday:sun: in wet and windy Cornwall :oops: with intermittent internet access.

I will be at Silverstone hopefully on Thursday too, I get back from another holiday, this time  in Thailand on Wednesday.;)

This retirement lark is hard work :laugh:

• Like 2

I'll be arriving Friday, Barlow troops at lunchtime with large 6 man tent, followed by me a tea time after work :t-up: 

Can we get motor homes and tents together? I remember last year they were segregated down different avenues? 

10 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Given the snoring sounds coming from that tent all weekend, the expression "between a rock and a hard place" springs to mind.

:p :p :p

I would be happy to take my chances on a better nights sleep :laugh:

I'll be there but not sure if Thursday night or Friday dinner time, or by myself or with a mate. 

If I'm alone, I may have a spare 3 day ticket with camping for sale. 

Speaking of which, I've also got a spare three day ticket for sale!

Should be there Thursday late afternoon - also have a spare 3 day ticket but think @Madda has first dibs.

Happy to pitch up next to anyone as I always use earplugs when camping :t-up:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Should be there Thursday late afternoon - also have a spare 3 day ticket but think @Madda has first dibs.

Happy to pitch up next to anyone as I always use earplugs when camping :t-up:

Earplugs didnt match up to Dave's efforts at Stoneleigh!!!!

I'll be there late Thursday afternoon ... hopefully beating the rush hour traffic!

I will be camping in my fishing bivvy which should be a laugh fitting into the Westfield :d