Sport 250 Ordered

BugMan

OK, so on the "Toyo R1R's" question, they were not on the Westfield options list, so are we suggesting I order the kit without boot's and then buy them separately?

I've got Toyo on my Outlander and they have been fine, but obviously this is a completely different type of car.

I do take the point about upgrading tires and that in my view is the GREAT value of the community, so keep it coming, I'd rather have input form the wider community that have already been there, and done that than make a silly mistake.

Westfield only seem to list T1r and R888r in their lists. So your options are buy just the rims (Westfield do seem pretty keenly priced) and buy tyres from elsewhere or buy a package of rims and r1r (if that's what you go for) from elsewhere.

Don't forget you won't need them for a while so if you have a small garage they may just get in the way if you get them now. 

It's 'cause the R1R isn't so readily available to the factory as it was a few years ago.  But to an individual purchasing them, you can just order them off the web. (The reason for the reduced availability seems more to do with internal politics in Toyo UK than anything genuine in terms of regs. Alan at Toyo's competition side has told me before now, he'd quite happily order me a container load in of R1R's, - he just wouldn't order in less than a container load!)

I'd still ask Westfield nearer the time if they can get you a set, but if they can't, don't panic, five minutes on-line and you'll have them in a few days or so...

Just now, sdh2903 said:

Westfield only seem to list T1r and R888r in their lists. So your options are buy just the rims (Westfield do seem pretty keenly priced) and buy tyres from elsewhere or buy a package of rims and r1r (if that's what you go for) from elsewhere.

Don't forget you won't need them for a while so if you have a small garage they may just get in the way if you get them now. 

What's listed and what can be got aren't always the same thing :)

FWIW though, I bought my alloys from Westfield, they are genuine keen on price, plus Simon will help make sure you get all the correct offsets etc, when the alloys arrived in, I then just rocked up to the factory with my R1R's in the back of the car, Westfield then fitted them to the hubs and gave me them back. I also bought a set of the Westfield badges for the wheel centres and no doubt other things I've forgotten about, while I was there!