Cheap Halfords tools

Steve (sdh2903)

Was sorting a toolkit out for the westy boot today and needed a few bits and bobs. Noticed Halfords are having one of their usual 50% off on socket sets etc but found some really cheap stuff that may be of interest.

In particular this 3/8 socket set handy kit for the boot. The ratchet on it's own is 19.99.

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/tools/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-18-piece-socket-set-3-8

Cheap screwdriver set

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/tools/hand-tools/halfords-advanced-8-piece-screwdriver-set

Also got a cheap set of Allen keys and a few other bits. Most of the sale stuff is the advanced range. All lifetime warranty.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sdh2903 said:

In particular this 3/8 socket set handy kit for the boot. The ratchet on it's own is 19.99.

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/tools/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-18-piece-socket-set-3-8

£12.75 is a 75% discount - ordered for pick up on Wednesday - many thanks for posting

Thanks!  Got screwdrivers last time, socket set now!

Steve.

Ta, I really don't need any more sockets... but a few more can't hurt

Do I need more sockets and screwdrivers? No

Order placed :laugh:

• Like 2

I ended up getting 2 sets. My ratchets at work tend to be facom or snap on, however the facom one has just let go after 6 months or so and they aren't interested in fixing under warranty. So I'll give the Halfords one a bash. Can't hurt at that price especially with the lifetime warranty.

A pro mechanic friend pointed me to the Halfords professional ones and he moved from snap on, he said they worked well for him and any replacements were offered without a problem. I don't have any issues with the light use I give them as a cheque book mechanic :d

• Like 1

Ordered to collect on the way to Exmoor tomorrow. Thanks for posting.

Dam, wish I had not read this :( now spent more money

Just ordered online these sockets and screwdrivers, now need to remember to collect them from store

Halfords Professional Range is good stuff.

I did have a ratchet fail and took it into store with my 3 year old receipt and it was changed without any fuss at all

1 hour ago, Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO said:

Halfords Professional Range is good stuff.

I did have a ratchet fail and took it into store with my 3 year old receipt and it was changed without any fuss at all

You kept a receipt for a spanner for three years and could still find it!!!!
I'm well impressed:d

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Paul Hurdsfield said:

You kept a receipt for a spanner for three years and could still find it!!!!
I'm well impressed:d

I left it in the plastic moulded box under a set of screwdriver bits!

Order placed - would be rude to leave these at that price. Ideal for tool roll. 

:) 

Well, just went to pick mine up and they had sold it to someone else after I ordered it!

Said, they'd get me one tomorrow, but I explained that the store is a bit out of my way and I made the trip just to collect this, taking time off work too. (laid it on thick)

The guy disappeared and came back two mins later with a different set - a 28 piece one retailing at £80 (sale price £25) and said, how about we give you this one for £12.50 instead?

Result!

• Like 2