J10pep

Ok cheers for the heads up it does get busy on the Dudley Arms pub so can understand the early start have a good track day take it you got your car rebuilt then? Never asked what type you have got missus saw a red one with aero screen the other week in Sedgley. Think a few friends of mine have westfield redtop's if I'm correct but don't know if they are anything to do with the club or attend the meets

it does get busy but we usually meet at the back of the car park out of the way. i have a white caged mazda turbo. ive seen a red one knocking around aswell but im not sure if they are on here. its no just about the meets being part of the club its about all teh other stuff like the runs out and trackdays. im off to anglesey for a trackday yep looking forward to it. the next club event after the meet is the breakfast club meet at curborugh sprint track on the 10th of june thats a good way to meet others from different areas i shall be going weather permitting

thats the breakfast meet. we usually go up through penkridge through cannock chase and rougley that way

Never seen you around what engine is that out of an mx5? Bet it's quick with a turbo fitted.

Lovely and nice engines in the mx5 so in the lighter Westfield would expect it to be fast. Think most engines in a Westfield are fast aren't they. Do you drive it to track days or trailer? The megablade ain't the easiest to live with wouldn't fancy too long a journey in it to be honest as don't think it's made for traffic or towns but just wanted something a bit different after the Elise.mate who has a Westfield said to get a redtop like he has but I had heart set on the megablade took me a while to find it though as didn't want or know enough about them to buy private really mines one owner from build with 2600 miles on clock hope to pick someone in the clubs who's got ones brains about them regarding does and donts so if weathers good will def pop to Dudley arms shame your not their to meet up

My car has evolved over time. Got user to driveing it and then turboed it. I use a trailer for most trackdays. But it seems when I don't use the trailer I end up going home to get it anyway after breaking something lol my car isn't the nicest thing to drive in traffic. I don't drive it to work very often because it isn't a nice drive in the traffic 

Yeah can understand as the lotus was an experience at first but west fields are so much lower and and it seem any pot hole or bumps really effect steering so have to give it so much respect could see that when first drove it to be honest people don't seem to understand when I say I don't want to drive through busy area in it as I feel it's more acustomed to A and B road driving and country roads lol

19 minutes ago, J10pep said:

it seem any pot hole or bumps really effect steering so much

Shouldn't do! A lot of owners seem to put up with this 'because it's a kit car', but when set up well they don't give any nasty surprises like that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AdamR said:

Shouldn't do! A lot of owners seem to put up with this 'because it's a kit car', but when set up well they don't give any nasty surprises like that.

Truer words are rarely spoken! It does seem to have got better in the last ten years, at least within the club, but still in the mind of the car owner at large, petroleum heads included, there is this strange acceptance that all sorts of things should be ignored or turned a blind eye to, BECAUSE ITS A KIT! No, no, no, no, it doesn't have to be that way! There's really only quite a small number of things that are different due to the cars origins, and handling is most certainly not one of them!

Standard recommendations for all new kit owners, unless you know they've already been done:

Get a good professional geo set up done, get the engine set up on a rolling road, by someone that knows the engine type, and then just keep on top of regular preventative maintenance, and you will be astounded at how some cars especially are transformed.

• Like 2

Agreed, Dave! Every time I get a new-to-me kit car: alignment (check spring rates, ride heights and bump stops), remap, set up driving position (throttle and clutch travel, brake pedal position, seating position and steering wheel reach) - always totally transforms the car.

Even if you know this has all been done recently, your driving position and pedal setup preferences are very unlikely to match the previous owner.

• Like 3

if you can get your car to Adam R for a setup then i would thourghly reccomend it having just had my own done by the man himself. it was the best bit of money ive spent on the car since finishing it. i dont like driving mine to work because of all the popel that tend to look at the car rather than where they are going. and its all boring main roads on the way to work

• Like 1

Yeah know what your saying need to get geo set up and never really thought about drive position and pedal set up to be honest. Do Westfield themselves do geo set up etc as Adam R seems a long way away need someone nearer if possible as don't have time have looked at Adams website and he does look spot on and knows his stuff.need to get in touch with blink motorsport as andrew at Toybox did say they had done work to car and engine 

Westfield do alignment but... Having done a setup job on a car they had recently set up, I would give Matt at Procomp a call if you want to go somewhere local :)

Thank so much for that did the meet at the Dudley arms pub happen today pulled on at about 7.30 ish this morning but no one about don't know if I was early or late ? So went for a blast anyway loving it