New WSCC site is live!

Kingster

Just thought I'd mention that the new wscc.co.uk site is up and running. 

A huge Thumbs up to @Andy Banks - WSCC Shows and Events Coordinator   and @Tigger for their work on this.

It is still an ongoing job but we figured it was best to switch over now and add in more content as we go. 

• Like 4

If you still get the old site, you'll need to refresh your browser cache, usually F5 or Ctrl and F5.

Try it out on your phones and tablets too.

Hope you like it...

• Like 2

Yep, big thanks to Andy for getting the ball rolling with a fresher look site.
This is just the beginning hopefully now that we have new blood in the ranks :-)

Tiggs

• Like 1

My personal thanks for making this happen at last.  It's been on my list for years now and was going to be my only regret at not having at least started before I retired.  It's a work in progress and it will evolve into something terrific in time, but the team have put down a great foundation and made me very happy - well done lads. :) 

• Like 1

Looking good :t-up:

So the new format wscc.co.uk has been up for a while now, I hope folks are getting used to it and find it a bit more in keeping with modern look and feel and compatibility across different devices.

Response has been minimal to the changes (there have been some and they are being addressed) so one can assume all is good generally...?

However, I am prepared to put in even more time and effort to help get the new site into better shape but I need you to help guide me please. I expect the stats will show that around and post Stoneleigh, the site gets a few more visits than usual - in which case it would be good to get as many updates, changes, grammar corrections, etc, etc. in now.

The purpose of the site should be informative for all including existing members but also to draw in new members.

So, let me know by email, PM or by reply to this thread if you have any thoughts on content, navigation, missing information, too much information and I'll look to spruce things up in time for Stoneleigh - thanks :yes:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

All looks very good - well done to all concerned.

(I'd still like a 'builds' section for even easier navigation and searching).

1 hour ago, Rory's Dad said:

All looks very good - well done to all concerned.

(I'd still like a 'builds' section for even easier navigation and searching).

33 minutes ago, Rory's Dad said:

The logic is simple

1 The Start Line 

2 Builds

3 Tech Talk

4 etc...

You mean a forum area specifically for build diaries, Martin...?

We have discussed this before, and I can understand the logic.  Brace yourselves, here comes the "IMHO" bit...

> We already have a pinned list of build threads at the top of The Start Line

> The list of forum areas is already pretty long, and people don't like scrolling down the page too far

> My big one - the list of build threads started and completed vs build threads started but never completed.  Having a section with a large number of threads uncompleted can be discouraging to people just starting a build - I'd rather use that pinned thread and point them specifically towards completed and successful threads that will encourage them to carry on and show them it can be done.

Of course, that's just IMHO, worth the same as anyone else's opinion - carry on! :t-up:

Personal opinion only.

In addition to Scott's very good points, (must admit, I'd never considered the second one), I my biggest fear would be lost footfall, and watering down the single biggest, most powerful advantage, (for the builder) of having a build thread: more times than I dare count, someone casually browsing Tech Talk, and leafing through a build thread, someone has spotted a mistake - usually in a photo, and been able to point it out either early enough to be dead easy to fix, or before it could become a potential safety risk later on.

You can say what you like, but dedicated build areas just do not get the same footfall from experienced builders and mechanically literate members as Tech Talk does; Build Blogs are a classic example of this, with way less traffic per blog compared to Tech Talk.

• Like 1