• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

OMEX ecu or similar

Laptoprob1971

Anybody have one to run an injection setup please on a Zetec.

Pref MBE, OMEX, EMERALD etc.

Crash Test Dummy has a DTA for sale on here that I would highly recommend, I run DTA and plan to replace it with another. Plenty of people on here running them too.

Thanks Dave, its actually for a mate. I will pass it over to him now though, you never know!

Any others? Looking for the more 'budget' end of the scale at present. Dont mind if its a few years old as long as it runs injection.

Hi, which model is it please and cost?

It's an MBE967 - but the cost of a complete remap in order to upgrade to a newer ECU might mean this is not really the best idea I've had today! The car runs sweet and only needs a few tweaks to the cold start map really.

Will have a ponder...

• Like 1

I've just updated the advert in the for sale section on here. It's the S60 at £550 plus the post - £900 from DTA.

I also have a brand new S40 that I could let go at £425 plus the post - £594 from DTA.

1 hour ago, Crash test dummy said:

I've just updated the advert in the for sale section on here. It's the S60 at £550 plus the post - £900 from DTA.

I also have a brand new S40 that I could let go at £425 plus the post - £594 from DTA.

DTAs have a good reputation and are widely used

Yeah i know them well, as ive used a few different ones in my time.

I'm just trying to help a freimnd out who on with buying Jenveys as we speak....

Waiting for him to respond at the min on the S40.

14 minutes ago, Laptoprob1971 said:

Yeah i know them well, as ive used a few different ones in my time.

I'm just trying to help a freimnd out who on with buying Jenveys as we speak....

Waiting for him to respond at the min on the S40.

The price Crash is asking for the S40 is a bargain. Last year I upgraded my Emerald from an early M3DK unit to the latest K6 unit and sold my 13 year old M3DK for over £300 which had no where near the functionality of a new DTA S40

• Like 1

Both are cracking ecu's, used the S40 myself and had a play with an S60. DTA's service is excellent and their is a handy on line forum with some very knowledgeable people on it.

OK, count me out of this for now.

I don't really need to mess with my ECU set up as the one I have works perfectly!

However, I do want to upgrade to a newer one at some point just because the current one is getting on a bit I guess (and I am steadily replacing every 2nd hand component I used with new ones). But if I do get a newer ECU, then I'll want to have both ECU's at the same time ready to plug n play so that I can take the car to the mapper, swap ECU and remap without any issues.

So on that note, @Laptoprob1971 if your mate doesn't want the S40 - then @Crash test dummy I am actually interested in it!

Then why dont we go this way Chris.....you buy the S40 and then offload the MBE to my friend?

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.