Gearbox oil

Quinten

Photo-06-04-2013-13-20-32.jpg

Answering my own question, it does seem to need a bolt fitted to it.  It's not another reservoir is it?  Looks almost like a sump plug?

@Thrustyjust, it's a surprise I have no better picture of my bellhousing, but

2016-12-26+15_02_01.jpg

I definitely have an RS2000 bellhousing

2016-12-17+13_40_33.jpg

and the dust shield from Retroford that fits it

2016-12-26+13_02_01.jpg

If you referred to the image in my post above this one, that's simply an image I found on the internet showing a bolt in the location where mine has a threaded hole...

But I should really google before asking...  It's where the reverse switch lives.  Since I do not have one, and not intend on fitting one, I will stick a plug in it.

Just now, Thrustyjust said:

Stop adding random internet photos , it doesnt take much to confuse me !! :d

I'm sorry, I should really stop asking so many questions...  People will soon put me on /ignore ;)

11 hours ago, Quinten said:

Oh, and final, final question, on the 2nd picture above, there seems to be another hole in the side.  Does that need something in as well?

Reverse switch

EDIT: realised you already answered this one doh!

• Like 1

reverse lights personal choice of course - but I prefer to give as much warning to any idiots behind me - especially in car parks :o

as for the remote extension - I think the original plug was in there to keep all the crud out rather than oil in - I don't have anything on mine (difficult to see how you could) and no signs of any oil travelling down from the gearbox.

• Like 1

oil will not escape from the rear hole

• Like 1

Which stinks the worst, Used gearbox oil or used diff oil.... ?  vomit

That's the sort of important question I like..    Which smells worse used  diff or gearbox oil?....  They are both   :barf:... all hypoids are even when new.  vomitThat really makes me sick worse than the smell is finding either there is non left, or there is something should not be stick to the drain plug.......that definitely makes me feel  :barf:vomit:barf:.vomit :barf:vomit:barf:.  vomit:barf:.   The burned smell of oil from a plated diff is fairly bad vomit vomitvomitvomitvomit