not my brightest idea but........

Gary Taylor

Impressive, pretty sure I'd have stuffed it if I'd tried that  :d

That's just a normal winter's day here in the Highlands!

• Like 2

I won't drive the Westfield once we've had the first frost of the winter, that road salt is a swine to get off your car and it eats anything not coated/painted, like track rod ends and brake discs.

Just done a trackday -   7deg.   rain all day and I survived. 5 layers on the top of the body and 3 layers over legs, wasn't cold but socks and driving boots soaked.

Sounds like you need to drill some holes in your foot well Bernie  :)

Had a glorious run out to the Essex monthly mid-day meet yesterday. Had chucked it down all day Saturday so nearly every country road was soaking wet (with a few leaves thrown in for good measure). But then yesterday the sky was beautiful clear blue! So... heading in anything like a northerly direction was a dream... back-lit by the sun, glistening road, a real drivers challenge! Heading in anything like a southerly direction, on the other hand, was a different kettle of fish entirely. Glaring windscreen, sun in your eyes, sun off the road! Trees, road signs, other cars just all black blobs suddenly appearing from nowhere!! But... But....  just one bit of road, one little bit of road... a single track, tree lined, uphill section, just offset from the sun... and two glistening bright lines exactly the same width as the car snaking up towards the sky...... 

It's why we do this  :d  :d  :d  :d  :d  :d  :d

• Like 1

well here we go again , bored , its sunny a wee tad chilly..... ok brass monkey chilly, still if i wrap up :)

so coffee at cairngorm sounded good at least in my head ..... mmmmm

so off we go a wee bit of freezing fog en route had to stop and de ice the screen, other sane humans pointing , laughing and waving at the village idiot driving an open car

still I dont care it was great and the soup and coffee up the mountain (it was -5 in the sun ) was just what was required, a very strange look as I filled up in aviemore and then headed home.

It really was great to be out, carefull steady driving was the order of the day and my cheeks were a bit numb ...... but HAPPY DAYS

15078531 1498187133530052 8612067630621550025 N

15078814 1498187033530062 1008418144139439798 N

15178210 1498187226863376 9040438972291744131 N

IMG 0680

the loch in the picture was half frozen over !!!!!
  • Like 3

Wish I'd have known Gary. I would have joined you! It would have made a nice break from decorating the bathroom

• Like 1

Snow and sun - looks nice ! all we seem to get down here (the south :) ) is rain, rain, some more rain, a bit of wind (early brussel sprouts?) followed by ................................more rain.

:marto: :marto: :marto:

anyway, I've sorned it and playing around with my carbs :rolleyes:

@garyt Mad as a box of frogs, mate!!!

I took mine out in 2 degree weather earlier in the year - not much fun tbh!

Noggin

Yep just about sums me up lol

Actually wrapped up with multiple layers it wasn't to bad cold wise

Fun well I really enjoyed myself Nae flat out on the edge but a different kind of fun will I be out again YOU BET

Good thread, hopefully you will get out next weekend and treat us to some more lovely pictures. Gary. you make me laugh, all this and no doors on, by choice I guess? I hate doors.

Haha thanks Julie, forcast is for a balmy 4 to 5 degrees and sunny next weekend so hopefully be out somewhere :)

And nope no doors thought about a pair of half doors from soft bits for sevens but that's all I've done thought about it lol

Mind you I have read your posts and you are not averse to some winter motoring either

• Like 1