Essex Area Christmas Event

Kevin (Mr T)

Given that a couple of areas have "broken the seal" on this one, thought I might as well start the ball rolling for the Essexmen (unless you've already got some bang tidy, full on, bells and whistles night out secretly arranged Pete?).

Last year a small number of us met for a traditional festive Chinese meal and it was a very enjoyable night.

It would be good to try and increase the numbers this year, which might bring the location of the venue into the equation.

So at this stage, who might be up for a Friday night (we did Friday last time) of fun, frivolity, storytelling, food and drink?

Once we know who, we can discuss options for where and when.

I appreciate one of our most reliable members works nights and December is probably his busiest month, but I'm afraid a Christmas breakfast just isn't on. Sorry Dean.

Will be up for this again, will be having a drink this year so somewhere with trains/buses will be appreciated.

Will be up for this again, will be having a drink this year so somewhere with trains/buses will be appreciated.

No TAXI'S!!!!!! :)

• Like 1

Seconded  :)  :)

Looks like 5 then. Any other takers?

Next question is "preferred food". Any thoughts?

And do we want a Friday or Saturday?

I'm partial to curry but will go with the flow and I'm not to bothered which day either. 

I'm partial to curry but will go with the flow and I'm not to bothered which day either. 

I'd be a second for that!

Curry always a good shout, but happy with anything. 

Would say Kevin that it seems a tat early to be calling it on the numbers. Lots of folk probably can't commit in October for what they'll be doing any given evening in December. If you have to book somewhere now, is it worth padding the numbers a bit in case we get any who who find they're free closer to the time?

Curry always a good shout, but happy with anything.

Would say Kevin that it seems a tat early to be calling it on the numbers. Lots of folk probably can't commit in October for what they'll be doing any given evening in December. If you have to book somewhere now, is it worth padding the numbers a bit in case we get any who who find they're free closer to the time?

Good shout. I will look at venues accessible to everyone and then we can talk dates.

• 2 weeks later...

Matt & Barry, assuming we can agree a date, is Chelmsford OK as a destination?

If so, there are two new Caribbean restaurants in the centre of town, which might make a change from the usual fayre?

Let's start shouting up dates, because we might need to book fairly early if we do go for something like this.

I'm easy.