• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Essex boys track day (others also welcome :D )

darve

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kevip6

• darve

• SootySport

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

We all love Snetterton, so how about the 22 Sept.   Was planning on going anyway.

It's on a Thursday,    Organizer is Javelin so the rest  of us qualify for a discount.

I'd be up for that

I'll check the work diary in the morning :)

In the diary

Will book up at lunch :t-up:

Bernie - I've booked a garage :yes:

Thanks Andy for sending round the nudge email. Unfortunately I can go round left corners... Haven't worked out why yet but I get a loss of power when going full blatt round left hand bends... Right handers are ok though...?! I'm getting the engine worked on in May so I may hold off doing any track days until then.

Have fun!

Thanks Andy for sending round the nudge email. Unfortunately I can go round left corners... Haven't worked out why yet but I get a loss of power when going full blatt round left hand bends... Right handers are ok though...?! I'm getting the engine worked on in May so I may hold off doing any track days until then.

Have fun!

Fuel starvation from surge to the "wrong" side of the tank?

Have fun!

That's just a bit of fuel starvation, nothing to worry about

I'll be going but just waiting for Andy to sort out the discount.

Discount code working again :yes:  Thanks to Andy,   So I'm booked in.     

Dave, I'll contribute to the garage on the day, may have one or two others coming along.

That's just a bit of fuel starvation, nothing to worry about

Yes, assuming you're on fuel injection, that sounds like typical behaviour once you get below around a third of a tank or so.

There are a number of possible solutions, from having a bigger sump added to your existing tank, through to the bells and whistles but stops any chance of a repeat approach of adding a low pressure pump and swirl pot to your existing system.

Yes, assuming you're on fuel injection, that sounds like typical behaviour once you get below around a third of a tank or so.

There are a number of possible solutions, from having a bigger sump added to your existing tank, through to the bells and whistles but stops any chance of a repeat approach of adding a low pressure pump and swirl pot to your existing system.

Yep, I was a victim of starvation on a long left hander with less than half a tank of fuel.

Last winter I fitted a swirl pot and low pressure pump to feed it and have had no problems since. I would have definitely experienced starvation through Lancaster bend at Blyton without the new set up!

The added bonus is I added at least an extra litre of fuel storage into the system