How much do you use yours?

Ben30R

Hi, just seeing how much you use your westy. After a few years ownership and lots of money spent considering selling mine.

In the last year I've only done 178miles after having a duratec fitted. Only tend to go out on weekends when family/weather allows. And with another little one on the way just can't see me using it. And as the wife says a lot of money to have sat in the garage.

I really wanted to get her supercharged and turn it into a monster. It's a heart v head one.

Ben.

I sold my last one due to lack of use and wish I didnt and wanted to supercharge the blacktop in it. But time has moved on and I am building one now. But miss the old one and cant wait to drive the new one! 

I'm normally within a hundred or so miles of my 5000 mile per year limit (insurance). This year was only about 4000, but then the car spen much of the first three months of the year at Omex.

I always think I'm going to sell it then take it out for a blast and all my worries etc are forgotten for a hour or so.

I've done 10000 miles in 18 years...

But I could never think of selling. For me, it's an argument where the heart will always win over the head- but I've been lucky enough to be able to afford to keep the money locked up in it. So I'd say keep it unless you really need the cash from selling!

• Like 2

I've just gone over 5500miles,that was 6 months on the road last summer and on the road since March this year :)

How you've only done 178miles in a car you love is beyond me!!! :d

I made the mistake of selling 3 years ago

Now I have another and missed the odd day

Same family work etc

It's a controversial point I know, (not saying it's the case for the thread starter, either).

But I have noticed over the years so many cars starting out heavily used, and then getting more and more heavily upgraded, till in the end they become so focussed/hardcore that they just don't get used any more. Whether it's because they become too scary to use on the road or just too uncomfortable/hard to drive on the road I don't know.

It's funny how often you see the process repeated though.

• Like 1

I've just gone over 5500miles,that was 6 months on the road last summer and on the road since March this year :)

How you've only done 178miles in a car you love is beyond me!!! :d

It's not through lack of trying just can't seem to find the time

• Like 1

I just had to up my policy from 5000 miles a year to 7500 as I have done 4500 since April and it's a 500 mile round trip to silverstone next week.

Loving it!

• Like 4

Not enough! :(

Only 2500 ish this year

It's been less having lost use of hood, which meant I wasn't so rain averse.

Can't wait to for my half hood to arrive.

It's a controversial point I know, (not saying it's the case for the thread starter, either).

But I have noticed over the years so many cars starting out heavily used, and then getting more and more heavily upgraded, till in the end they become so focussed/hardcore that they just don't get used any more. Whether it's because they become too scary to use on the road or just too uncomfortable/hard to drive on the road I don't know.

It's funny how often you see the process repeated though.

THIS!

I got fed up with my first Westy (stripped out sprint car with aeroscreen screen). Tried a 'normal' toy car for a while and then concluded that sometimes less is more!

Went back to a Westy with modest power and screen etc and used it 10 times as much as my first one. Sadly it is no more and I still miss it.

Having said that, I've moved on to a caterham with similar power which is quicker as it's lighter and starting to really enjoy it now that I've got my seating position sorted.

I've used my caterham more in the last month than I used my first sprint car in 3 years of ownership!

Dave

• Like 1

9,000 miles in 20 years! and every one was glorious,

I took it for its MOT this morning.  The rose joints on the anti roll bar are as slack as when I bought them, and there's a bit of smoke on cold start, but sh!t does it go.  My only complaint is that the dashboard/mirrors etc are like a Fisher Price Activity Center, and attract small children.

• Like 1