PHOTOS & VIDEOS OF OUR 2016 WEST COAST OF SCOTLAND TOUR

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Here is some footage I took with my drone.

I hope you like it.

• Like 9

fantastic WANTS TO MAKE ME DO IT ALL AGAIN

Only 361 sleeps to go.

Here is a clip of Buttercup following Bob and Lorna over to Applecross.

• Like 2

Myself, David and James stopped at Corrieshalloch Gorge.

We had great fun here doing a Le Mans start in our cars.....WHERES THE VIDEO DAVID.... :angry:

Anyway here is a clip of the gorge.

In the first photo, you may be able to see the tiny viewing platform in the background.

The clip is taken from the suspension bridge.

In the last picture you can see the suspension bridge that is high above the gorge.

Corrieshalloch may mean ‘Ugly Hollow’ in Gaelic, but there is nothing ugly about Corrieshalloch Gorge National Nature Reserve, a deep tree-shrouded chasm and beauty spot that cuts through a Highland wilderness rich in flora and fauna. Corrieshalloch is a slot gorge, or box-canyon, that was cut as far back as 2.6million years ago by Ice Age glacial meltwater. The River Droma forges through the gorge, dramatically dropping 100 metres in just 1.25km through a series of waterfalls, including the thunderous 45m high Falls of Measach.

A brace of trails opens up the gorge to walkers, with a Victorian suspension bridge built by Sir John Fowler (one of the chief engineers behind the Forth Bridge), a jaw-dropping viewing platform and a viewpoint on hand to help visitors appreciate the full drama of Corrieshalloch Gorge, one of the wonders of the West Highlands.

It’s a dizzying and exhilarating experience to look down on the torrent of water plunging 46m (150ft) over the Falls of Measach from the gently swaying suspension bridge. Corrieshalloch Gorge is one of the natural wonders of the Highlands and not to be missed, especially after periods of rain.

• Like 1

What a beautiful island we live in, really, really must try and explore more of it! You wetted my appetite last year Geoff, but you've surpassed yourself this year! (Are you on commission from the Scotish tourist board? ;):d ), but circumstance meant I had no chance of joining you

Really must find a way to join the tour next year, a subtle hint, please, please organise one next year!!

• Like 1

What a beautiful island we live in, really, really must try and explore more of it! You wetted my appetite last year Geoff, but you've surpassed yourself this year! (Are you on commission from the Scotish tourist board? ;):d ), but circumstance meant I had no chance of joining you

Really must find a way to join the tour next year, a subtle hint, please, please organise one next year!!

Thanks David for the lovely comments. Really appreciated. The drone film took me 9 hours to make yesterday as I had some many bits of film to look through.

Regarding next year.

Plans are already in place and people and hotels have already been spoken too and there will be another trip undertaken. Really hope you can make this one.

This was really interesting. We had mountains that were two colours and this board explained it all. Its amazing how much of the mountains have disappeared.

IMG_0961_zpsseocjfjn.jpg

Myself and David looking down towards Loch Maree.....Beautiful road and views.

IMG_0931_zpspombrvse.jpg

Young James who looked like Damon Hill, getting all "arty" with his camera.

IMG_0924_zpsg1rrarkd.jpg

This was our french toast. The pictures do not do it justice. I was in heaven.  :love:  :love:  :love:

IMG_0848_zpshvqnqtmv.jpg

This is the "Big evil, massive, killer bunny cloud" that was devouring the mountains on Skye.

IMG_0834_zpsvvk5ee1b.jpg

Myself, Carol, Bob and Lorna having a great time on Skye. The pub was heaving and had a great atmosphere.....not as good as the company though.

IMG_0828_zpsm1girvuz.jpg

Dinosaur footprints on Skye.

IMG_0693_zpsmvgyn69p.jpg

Location of footprints.

IMG_0696_zpsaebl4g9s.jpg

Kilt Rock and Mealt Waterfall on Skye. The waterfall drops straight into the sea and is 60m in height. Unfortunately due to no rain it was only a shower.

IMG_0695_zps6nt6zhzo.jpg

View from the top of Applecross over to Skye.

IMG_0355_zpsstmhz2kz.jpg

• Like 1

The four poster bed in my hotel room at the Falls of Dochart Inn. This was the most comfiest bed I have ever slept in.

IMG_0766_zps9e0jddh0.jpg

Nice bathroom.

IMG_0767_zpshk2aewhx.jpg

Haggis, neeps and tatties.

IMG_0769_zpsagkocebx.jpg

Ruins by the roadside. There was a castle keep, type building behind this.

IMG_1119_zpslmn9kdbm.jpg

Sheep are all over the place and it is wise not to be bombing along.

IMG_0731_zps4wlozbag.jpg

• Like 1

Brilliant Geoffrey!

When I figure out how to post a video (with James' help), I will let you see it. Of course, it goes without saying that I let you win. I may have to edit it so that it shows I win though! I don't think you fastened your belts, which I'm sure is against FIA regulation 175.2.65! Therefore, I win, by default. I will have to post the picture of you praying towards Mecca too.

It was a fantastic day.

• Like 1

By eck, these Scotts take their tennis seriously, they'll play anyware!

IMG_0924_zpsg1rrarkd.jpg

• Like 2

I'd be asking Bob & Lorna about "sheep" ;-)

• Like 1

By eck, these Scotts take their tennis seriously, they'll play anyware!

IMG_0924_zpsg1rrarkd.jpg

"New balls, please!"

• Like 1

These are the Falls of Dochart.

I stayed at the inn that overlooks the falls. My bedroom looked straight onto them and I slept with my window open every night. Loads of parking and great food.