Stoneleigh 2016 - Feedback and ideas thread...

Andy Banks

The great westfield loud off. :)  :)

The great westfield loud off. :)  :)

I wonder what 200 Westfield's bouncing off the limiter at the same time would sound like  :devil:  :love:  :cool:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Scott's post about the Silverstone Classic concours prompts me to suggest something similar for the Westfield gathering at Stoneleigh. Provided we can keep it light-hearted and inclusive, perhaps with a few "classes" such as cleanest/smartest, or most novel/interesting, etc. All visitors could vote, not just club members, eliminating the burden of responsibility and effort being placed on just a few judges.

On a similar vein I wonder if the show organisers would consider a "best club stand" or similar. The show has hardly changed in the many years I've been attending and this could inspire some clubs to aim for something a bit more intreesting than a few members cars parked on the grass. I don't want to sound dismissive of other clubs' efforts as we know how much work is  involved in putting on a good show that's interesting and enjoyable for visitors and club members. We have the advantage of numbers compared with most clubs, but size isn't everything and I think the show would benefit if the club areas could be encouraged a little more.