What age are you? How long have you owned you car

TheHighlander123

Bought my first one in '92 when I was 23, sold it 4 years later to get married.

Built a Marlin Roadster V8 in 2000, sold it and purchased a Westfield XI kit in 2007 (?) Had the XI SVA'd and on the road in 2008.  Sold that in 2014 and bought an Ultima GTR, now 46.

I built my SEWI in 2003/4 .attend my Dorset area club meetings monthly,which are held in Martinstown just outside Dorchester,and what's wrong in being 74.enjoy life,as they say you only live once.colin

• Like 1

I built my SEWI in 2003/4 .attend my Dorset area club meetings monthly,which are held in Martinstown just outside Dorchester,and what's wrong in being 74.enjoy life,as they say you only live once.colin oh I live in Dawlish Devon!

• Like 2

As above, 

This is my first kit car I was 29 when I got mine on March 12th this year, 30 years young now tho :)

Colin the pedestrian 74yrs

The Highlander - 30 years old

Pre-lit Steve - 37

Mighty Mart - 54

Jay.perry - 36

RussH - 34

Mr T - 60

johnjh1964 - 51

Robin - 53

garytipping - 67

MCB - 43

terry everall - 68

Onliestsmeg - 51

Valentenik - 28

Dommo - 32

a15ro - 45

Kit Car Electronics - 43

TrackNail - 44

Chipster - 40

Litcoat - 50

Yanto - 53

DavyW - 51

Geoffrey - Buttercup - 48

Noggin - 58

DE04 - 49

corsechris - 56

Damperman - 40

Kezman - 43

1959grantura - 39

bigron - 33

Northwarks - 52

petzzii - 44

rjc4176 - 44

crisiswolf - 29

Sycho - 28

clansman - 57

Labrat - 37

Sand Dancer - 58

greenstreak - 48

Robert (bombero) - 53

Resto157 - 28

Dave Eastwood - 47

6carjon - 49

stephenh - 69

Royh - 60

Deanspoors - 29

Diggsy - 68

Chriss1455 - 27

Nevertooold - 72

tisme - 64

D7PNY - 32

Marcusb - 42

Thrustyjust - 45

Melt - 65

Dodgey - 47

7srwild - 66

Hemsley - 51

mbakermarco - 60

Peteg - 53

Iand - 47

chris - 56

Kyle - 27

Mooch - 54

Stevec33 - 30

Matta - 56

2taptim - 51

Terzo204 - 34

Old Tyke - 67

Wills 57 - 59

finkangel - 44

steve o7 - 38

BigMacRacing - 33

Bollockybill - 6

phelpsa - 25

The rocker - 52

shrops-paul - 38

Pete (pistol pete) - 41

Oily Steve - 51

Just turned 50 and had mine for 12 years.

Part of the family.

My kids would not let me sell it even if I wanted to!

36, owned the Westfield 16 years.

My school report used to say 'average' in some subjects and I thought that nobody could complain. I got 'could do better' too but I aspired to mediocre as that kept me out of trouble.  :durr:

The world wants mediocre/average, it praises those who are, those who blindly do as they are told and it demonises those who aspire to more. I've got a string of spurious disciplinaries and attempted sackings from insecure lying scumbag managers (who didn't count on me using voice recorders), to prove it.

The world wants mediocre/average, it praises those who are, those who blindly do as they are told and it demonises those who aspire to more. I've got a string of spurious disciplinaries and attempted sackings from insecure lying scumbag managers (who didn't count on me using voice recorders), to prove it.

Sounds like you need a company/ career change- life's too short to be miserable at work

Sounds like you need a company/ career change- life's too short to be miserable at work

Which is where my career is now :)

A small scale bespoke electronics company, run by engineers and not some muppet with a degree in media studies. It's been a VERY hard transition from having to keep my mouth shut and doing one single task, to actually having an opinion and juggling many jobs at once.

Tinkering with the Westfield is proving to have been a very helpful experience in this job, one week i'm looking at SMT quality issues and reworking PCBs, the next i'm building a prototype CCTV system with customers on route to evaluate it and then after that i'm fabricating missing parts for a 3 axis adhesive dispensing robot and programming it to do 30 different tasks, then another day i'm designing gaskets on QCAD.

There are lots of talented individuals out there who are forced into mediocrity by other peoples insecurities and it really boils my blood.

• Like 1

29 and owned for a year!

Have zero intention of ever selling it. It's literally the best thing I've ever spent my money on.

42, 2 months

had several kit cars over the years some build, some bought. loving my Westfield 2.0 Duratec

Yes you're right but unfortunately I, like too many others, didn't wake up to the fact that most of the world was thick and that I actually wasn't until too late! Self education, luck, and a modicum of brains changed it all for the better though.

:durr:

43 in my 14th year of ownership of the same car with three different engines. Pinto-Cosworth yb-Duratec

• Like 1