Can the words "Diesel" and "Sport" ever be used together..?

John K

My mapped 435D is fast, but as fun/sporty as the westy.. not even same league.  However if your someone who has never driven a lightweight petrol sports car you don't know what your missing. So I can see how things are written as such. 

I'd say you could (not that we should) also apply the same to NA or Turbo'd engines as well. 

Sean.

I know this is off topic... but!...   Well i'm not convinced we should listen to all the emissions BS or the rest of the scaremongering, spin which comes out of governments or car manufacturers for there own ends..    New threats, new technology = money & power..    CO2 and unburned hydrocarbons  was bad so the car manufactures increased combustion temperatures and created more NOx.   Time and time again the targets change and we end up buying the new technology for a few years later for it to be evil and get taxed like hell for it. So we buy new..   If I remember correctly only 20% of the total pollution from a car occurs is in use, the rest is in the manufacture. Surely it there for would be better environmentally to use cars for longer.  We are encouraged to buy the new car on environmental grounds.           Alternative fuel cars,  great!  

ELECTRIC..Heavy batteries, enviromentally nasty both in the manufacture and disposel.. and then electric generated by??(mostly burning stuff!)   and massive losses and inefficiencies in electricity distribution.   Hybrid are in my view the worst of both as they have all the disadvantages.

Hydrogen...well generally you have to crack this out of water using electric..

All your doing is moving the source off emissions and buying another 10-20 years before its realized that bad and you move it again.

There are the small lightweight under 500kg carbon fiber cars which are being looked at by lots of manufactures as they are environmental! use hardly any fuel take up no space, etc...BUT what the hell do you do with then at end of life!...at least a traditional car you can melt it down and make a new one. or turn it into a Westfield.

RANT over..                      for now...

Diesel well the use of the word Diesel and sports car... entirely down to how you define "Sport" and then "sports car"...    If sport is a competition and therefore a sports car is truly a competition car then there are plenty of competition diesels.   If you want to call a car a sports car but with the absence of any sport then that's up to you.   After all its just a marketing word.   If you prefer using low gears and higher revs to produce motive torque at the wheels compared to higher gears and lower engine revs to create torque at the wheels then that's entirely personal preference.

I think we have found the new top gear presenter. :)

• Like 1

I think we have found the new top gear presenter. :)

And we all know he would be the 'James May replacement'  :t-up:

• Like 1

I'm currently waiting for the penny to drop... :d

You Sir are an utter Bar Steward...!!!

Just clocked it...

And the best thing was the timing, I was on a work conference call (thankfully internal only) and was doing a bit of browsing as I was bored.

The flow of the call was somewhat interrupted with an unexpected and violent interjection of "THAT ####ING B######D"

• Like 1

That's evil. I like it!

And as for you... 

• Like 1

You Sir are an utter Bar Steward...!!!

Just clocked it...

And the best thing was the timing, I was on a work conference call (thankfully internal only) and was doing a bit of browsing as I was bored.

The flow of the call was somewhat interrupted with an unexpected and violent interjection of "THAT ####ING B######D"

Never underestimate the power of the Dark Side... :d

How much did James may earn? ... I'd grow spanial hair for those wages... I will be on classic car sos sometime as an extra. :)

I've decided to keep the change to my Avatar comment - it can serve as a permanent reminder that the WSCC forum is effectively a police state, which Scott treats as his own private fiefdom...

We might as well be living in North Korea, we would certainly have more personal freedom to express our opinions..!

Can you tell I'm a sore loser..?

BTW - Diesels are still ****e  :p

• Like 3

I've decided to keep the change to my Avatar comment - it can serve as a permanent reminder that the WSCC forum is effectively a police state, which Scott treats as his own private fiefdom...

We might as well be living in North Korea, we would certainly have more personal freedom to express our opinions..!

Can you tell I'm a sore loser..?

BTW - Diesels are still ****e :p

This is not a police state, it's a (mainly) benign dictatorship. For now, in your case, anyway. You must comply, Citizen.

And of course you're allowed to express your opinions. How else can we tell that you're nuts so we can publicly decry you for being so utterly wrong?

Finally, I'd like to remind you that you choose to pay £27.50 a year for this abuse. What does that say about you?

PS: Nice work complaining about your avatar comments, but totally overlooking your car details. :p

• Like 1

goodness me.... Really, you made both changes at the same time..?

• Like 1

goodness me.... Really, you made both changes at the same time..?

Yep. :p