Insurance - who is best?

AndrewBClarke

I use Aplan for the westy.Had both tin tops through them till last year to.

However, I now make sure that the underwriter is not markerstudy as I had to claim on my tin top last year and had problems with the repairing garage and I have never before experienced such shocking customer service.11 months passed before u finally got a conclusion after having to take the matter to financial ombudsman. Not much Aplan could do to help once in the hands of the insurance company complaints procedure but a plan couldn't compete at renewal with any other insurance companies so had to move away from them.

Still have the westy through aplan (and a different insurance company) though.

Dave

I sent A Plan a e-mail from the WSCC 'Sponsors and Traders' section at about 8.30am this morning. Received returned call by 8.45am. Gave details and by 9am had quote. Accepted and paid by 9.05am and documents received by e-mail before 9.30am.

Price - Adrian Flux renewal quote was £200 based on Seight, garaged, 5000 miles, comprehensive, windscreen cover and £150 excess based on a car worth £15,000

A-Plan on same details £162.20

No brainer

Thanks to all of you who commented

• Like 1

I use Aplan for the westy.Had both tin tops through them till last year to.

However, I now make sure that the underwriter is not markerstudy as I had to claim on my tin top last year and had problems with the repairing garage and I have never before experienced such shocking customer service.11 months passed before u finally got a conclusion after having to take the matter to financial ombudsman. Not much Aplan could do to help once in the hands of the insurance company complaints procedure but a plan couldn't compete at renewal with any other insurance companies so had to move away from them.

Still have the westy through aplan (and a different insurance company) though.

Dave

I use A Plan for the Westie and the policy is with LV Highway - A Plan did quote for my tintop but as I'd never heard of the underwriter (marketstudy) - I did a quick search for them and found some terrible feedback so said "no thanks" https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.markerstudy.com    

Saving money is fine until you need to make a claim ........

I use A Plan for the Westie and the policy is with LV Highway - they did quote for my tintop but as I'd never heard of the underwriter (marketstudy) - I did a quick search for them and found some terrible feedback so said "no thanks" https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.markerstudy.com    

Saving money is fine until you need to make a claim ........

Yeah, Markerstudy experience was painful to say the least.

Even with the financial ombudsman involved they pushed their luck at every opportunity.  Finally got a reasonable conclusion last month but ended up selling the car and moving on as was 'tainted' by the experience which was a shame as it was a really nice car.

A plan have been great though but like I say, once in the hands of the insurers complaints department Aplan were helpless.

A-plan did talk to the underwrighters (lv) when I had a total loss claim in the Westfield and helped explain that the car needed to be stored inside and covered when transported back to the factory for assessment, lv were quite helpful but didn't really understand why I was concerned with there suggestion to take it to the nearest crash repair center rather than the factory :-) my advice is to state the obvious with ensurance companies as quite often they think all cars are the same

Always thought A plan ok and had a few cars and other insurances with them but on renewal all premiums went up, so had to move on.

Also today the renewal for my daughters Astra came in from them and it has gone up 200 quid for no reason, so they have lost another customer.

the other thing that pee's me off is the thirty quid charge for any changes,although i know they all do it

I sent A Plan a e-mail from the WSCC 'Sponsors and Traders' section at about 8.30am this morning. Received returned call by 8.45am. Gave details and by 9am had quote. Accepted and paid by 9.05am and documents received by e-mail before 9.30am.

Price - Adrian Flux renewal quote was £200 based on Seight, garaged, 5000 miles, comprehensive, windscreen cover and £150 excess based on a car worth £15,000

A-Plan on same details £162.20

No brainer

Thanks to all of you who commented

Hi,

I must admit that your A-Plan quotation is very good indeed. I'm not surprised you have taken it. Just for my records any chance you can PM me your details just so I can see why we weren't more competitive?

Regards,

Dan.

Hi,

I must admit that your A-Plan quotation is very good indeed. I'm not surprised you have taken it. Just for my records any chance you can PM me your details just so I can see why we weren't more competitive?

Regards,

Dan.

PM sent

Ok - just to finalise my insurance - received a 'revised quote' from Adrian Flux yesterday via the post totalling £160. I presume that was because of the comments on here as I have not contacted them otherwise. This would have been good if received at renewal time and I would not have looked elsewhere. Too late now as I have taken out the A Plan cover.

Maybe insurance companies should think more about keeping their existing customers by giving competitive renewals rather than trying to increase their premiums. They then loose tried and tested customers and have to get others by offering first year incentives.

In my business, I look after existing customers and build on repeat business so why can't insurance companies?

I totally agree. I've lost count of the times insurers come back with a "revised quote". even if it is cheaper than what I've paid elsewhere I won't go back out of pure principle.

my AF renewal was £99 more expensive than my current policy.

no-brainer

Vote with your feet

My A-plan quote was the same as Adrian flux but had a £30 administration charge rather than 60 if I recall, same underwrighters, guess they have to make a profit, and that a plan want the business more or have a lower profit expectation than Adrian flux, all insurance companies tend to increases the premium on renual so moral of the story is to shop around every time,

I'm still mid-claim And still not 100% sure of the outcome but will report back when it's all sorted one way or the or the other. I'll also report on effects of a claim on renewal quotes as my renewal is due 1st March so not long.

Went with Aplan 3 years back from AF because AF where increasing my premiums every year .

Just renewed with A Plan again , same price & terms as previous years but this year I got UK & Continental breakdown cover included , rather than just UK for the same price :t-up: 

I hope A Plan and Adrian Flux are watching these posts!