Internal garage vs utilities

B.RAD

Get some timber and plasterboard and build a utility room around your appliances, at the same time build a frame to hold the Westfields bonet. Shelfs for your tools ect ect, it took me a week to reorganise, wire, paint and insulate the garage prior to Westfield number two

• Like 1

I thought about that bigals and it's still a possibility, however the garage is 5.5m long and the utilities would need a minimum 1.5m, leaving just enough space for the Westy. If I ever want anything else, it wouldn't fit in the garage and I couldn't then have a workbench etc. A dehumidifier sounds like the ideal solution as then I can have a workbench above the utilities and not lose any space. Result!

Easier and less space required if you just ducted the tumble dryer to the outside.  Fridge, Washer won't give out enough damp to be a problem.

I have a condenser drier in my garage that replaced a vented drier and the difference in reduced humidity levels was very noticeable.

You probably do, but keep the drier working at optimum by cleaning the condenser and filters and emptying the water collector. i.e. keep on top of the user serviceable tasks.

If desperate, Instead of a stud and plasterboard wall, how about a strip plastic barrier suspended from a ceiling batten. That would separate the car from the utilities and allow easy access (assuming the utilities are at the back).  

• Like 1

It's a condenser

You can still duct it, well you can with mine or rather Hers

• Like 1

Lol, would if I could, seem to have bought "one of those" cars, you know, the kind that spends more time broken than working, despite throwing all the cash I can at it!! Will be ace to have it back in the garage at home though.

• Like 1

Moisture is only going to condense onto surfaces that are colder than the air around it, so a tag team of heater and dehumidifier should do the trick.

Don't put it in the garage.......just keep driving it  :t-up:  :laugh:

What ! the tumble drier?

It's a condenser

buy a new one that doesn't condense :rolleyes: .... they're cheap enough 

You might need to help me out with that suggestion, how would a different dryer help? Condensers are the best, no? A vented dryer, even if I cut a big hole in the wall to vent it, still puts out more moisture into its surroundings than a condenser, right?