Internal garage vs utilities

B.RAD

Hello one and all - I'm after some advice and perhaps solutions to a little situation...

We have an internal garage which for the last few years has been a storage room/dumping ground for our collective junk. The fantastic news is that my lovely SWMBO has now agreed that I can have the garage back and do with it whatever I like - woo hoo! :t-up::d

The bad news is that the garage also hosts our boiler, water tank, washing machine and condenser tumble dryer, eek. I really don't like the idea of storing my Westy and any other future classics in the garage alongside a regularly used tumble dryer.

Does anyone else have this problem and if so, what do you do to stop the warm moist air from killing your car?

Thanks

Barny

• Like 1

Vent the drier through the wall to get rid of moisture

Itll creat a little warmth in there too

Put your car in a bubble with small fans blowing air over it to avoid condensation.

Cheaper to vent dryer through your wall though

Take the fuse out of the dryer, next time the wife tries to use it she'll ask you to investigate why it wont work.  Tell her it's beyond repair, take it to your local tip, save lots on elecrticity running costs, dry the clothes on a maiden or a horse and park your Westy up safely....

• Like 6

Take the fuse out of the dryer, next time the wife tries to use it she'll ask you to investigate why it wont work.  Tell her it's beyond repair, take it to your local tip, save lots on elecrticity running costs, dry the clothes on a maiden or a horse and park your Westy up safely....

Ha ha! Love it. What a crafty mind.

• Like 1

It is a condenser dryer but still puts out a lot of moist air, would an extractor be enough?

just fit a dehumidifier.  this will help even when the drier isn't working

• Like 1

Ok good idea, any recommendations? Is it something you just leave plugged in and running 365?

Yes. Some have a connection for a hose that runs outside to take away the moisture.

If you have any gaps in the garage the humidifier will pull in all the moisture from outside also.

What about a carcoon veloce. Will even dry your car if you put it away wet. That's what I use and it's a great piece of kit. No worries about damp or moisture.

yes get a desiccant one with external drain.  These are still effective at colder temps

• Like 1

I have same as you, boiler, tank, washer, condenser dryer and a sink. I have a large double radiator and have no issues. I also often leave the internal door from garage to house ajar to aid ventilation.

• Like 1

Yes. Some have a connection for a hose that runs outside to take away the moisture.

If you have any gaps in the garage the humidifier will pull in all the moisture from outside also.

What about a carcoon veloce. Will even dry your car if you put it away wet. That's what I use and it's a great piece of kit. No worries about damp or moisture.

Thanks Geoffery, I will have plenty of need and desire to work on the car when it's in the garage so that sort of storage won't really work for me, they're a good idea for storage-only though.

I like the dehumidifier with external drain concept, easy enough to drain as all the washers etc already have external drainage so that'd be really easy. Think that's the plan. Good stuff, time to get cracking with sorting the garage now!