Javelin Sprint Series 2016

benedwards64

The opportunity to do Oulton Park is an attraction, I am not aware of any other sprints running there ??

Sadly it's just the drift / rally course on the infield. The Mitsubishi club do some sprints on here - it's ok, but not great. Different, at least!

Sadly it's just the drift / rally course on the infield. The Mitsubishi club do some sprints on here - it's ok, but not great. Different, at least!

Thanks Adam

That's a shame would love to do a sprint on the full circuit.

• Like 1

Thanks Adam

:(

You'd have really been able to open her up at Oulton :)

Thanks Adam

There's a general test day there, (inc single seaters) April 1st. Your "son" Pete is thinking about doing it.  ;)

Really interested in this, I hillclimbed and sprinted quite regularly 20 odd years ago before wife, children, mortgage etc and have bought the ex Paul Pocklington / Richard Abrahams all steel crossflow powered SEi with a view to returning. 

Never going to be a regular competitor due to other commitments so haven't entered the WSCC speed championship but the thought of up to 8 timed runs and less hassle in terms of the correct overalls, helmets, tyres etc does seem very attractive. I have just bought some Toyo R888 SG to make me MSA eligible and have a license anyway but was going to have to buy overalls, gloves and helmet (£400?).

Looks like the first Blyton is full but think I will be at the second!!

Yep, can't believe it's sold out already! Nice to see 5 Westfields amongst a group of 17 cars in the B classes. Should be fun.

I'll be at round 2 as well, so hopefully see you there. I have to say, I actually prefer the Eastern circuit anyway :)

I will ask Javelin direct but do you think I should be in B3? Mine is an all steel crossflow SEi, got a dyno sheet showing 175 bhp, 4 speed Tran-X, LSD but in full road trim, 2 seats, lights, MOT etc. Looks like that's where I should be 1600-2000cc normally aspirated?

Has there been much arguing over classes? As someone else has said the regs aren't exactly comprehensive.

Yep, sounds pretty similar performance to mine. B3 would be spot on IMHO.

I think the classes are left deliberately open so that the Javelin guys can move people up/down if necessary. There's a couple of cars in B3 (my friend's MK Indybusa and a 250bhp Duratec westy) which I wouldn't be surprised to see bumped up to B2.

Yep, sounds pretty similar performance to mine. B3 would be spot on IMHO.

I think the classes are left deliberately open so that the Javelin guys can move people up/down if necessary. There's a couple of cars in B3 (my friend's MK Indybusa and a 250bhp Duratec westy) which I wouldn't be surprised to see bumped up to B2.

Yep, I'd agree with that! Especially as the long back straight of the Outer makes it a bit more of a power circuit than the Eastern IMO.

See you boys there!

• 2 weeks later...

Live timing results for round 1 at Blyton are available at www.javelinsprintdays.co.uk

Looks like one of our boys is third fastest overall at the moment! Exciting stuff.

Live timing results for round 1 at Blyton are available at www.javelinsprintdays.co.uk

Looks like one of our boys is third fastest overall at the moment! Exciting stuff.

Keith is doing well. Tony Bromfield in the Striker is a very quick driver normally. Martin is also doing well.

And the Duratec Westy is getting quicker too.  Looks like is could be 1, 2, 3 for Westfields in that class

David

can their times be compared to when we run there?

So a target around 65?

can their times be compared to when we run there?

So a target around 65?

It is the Outer circuit, so same track. It will depend on exactly where they put the finish, but the guys that go can probably confirm this. Looking at the times it looks about right. Think Tony Brumfield is fastest and I'm not surprised, I had some great battles with him when I was in my Westfield.  :d  :d  :d

Keith did 70.16 Sat and 69.98 secs Sund

Other Westfield did down in the 64secs and 65 secs range

Looks like Keith bagged fourth fastest time of the day, pretty good going! Looks like Martin was flying compared to the rest of the field too, well done boys :t-up: