Westfield Sport 250

Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

Mk2.5 ??? Is that right Gary ? i'd be suprised they haven't used the Mk3 diff the same as in the Sport Turbo's

Sorry yes, Mk 3

Non winged version

I am sure if they become popular one of our carbon traders would make a nice cover for the engine

one would certainly hope so :t-up: the whole install looks like a decent cover would just finish it all off nice. tbh it looks like there ought to be some cover on it and i did wonder if the car is so new in development that they didnt have time to do any cosmetic stuff

It was only put together the Wednesday before the show so I expect you're on the right track there.

They also said it will be stripped back down and redone once they got the car back to the factory

plus upgrade options......

• 3 months later...

I have been thinking about this as a project after the XTR and got a good chance to have a look at Stoneleigh.

I know I my expectations should have been kept in check but at first glance it looked great but upon seeing the options list that soon changed.

I 'expected' some 'extras' from a 25 grand car.

BUT the options include things I would have thought would be warranted as standard on this car.

Performance brakes,  anti roll bars, at least track day shocks.

Also did anyone else think the digi dash looked 'cheap' and the less said about the switches the better.

With even a few of, what I would call necessary upgrades for a car of this power you are knocking on the door of 30K. 

Something that was going to be a real possibility is now on the good but over priced pile.

Interesting, I was actually even more enthusiastic after seeing it. You have to remember the large engine cost in the overall total- if you picked up an engine from an ST for £1500 the whole thing would fall back in line with the other versions, but you'd have 200PS at just 3000rpm!

Here's the photo I took.... Agree the rocker cover ain't what they used to be!

C8C00D09-B8A3-41DD-9F8B-E20E6210DC8B_zps

Anyone took a photo of the front engine brace to chassis?

Andy

Not very clear I'm afraid

IMG_20160502_100620661_zpsravirz5o.jpgIMG_20160502_100546580_zps93n5r7ag.jpgIMG_20160502_100558031_zpsgd9idd15.jpg

IMG_20160502_100640327_zpsnfaxfzbs.jpg

I do like the air filter position tho, wish I could get my S2000 one there without piping all around the engine bay...!

So what's the general thoughts about the additional brace at front of the engine. Is this bolted in on chassis end? Still not sure where the link fits to chassis

It would further stiffen the chassis, so maybe shock upper mount?

Just interested

Andy

So what's the general thoughts about the additional brace at front of the engine. Is this bolted in on chassis end? Still not sure where the link fits to chassis

It would further stiffen the chassis, so maybe shock upper mount?

Just interested

Andy

It is the same on my duratec engined car, there is a small triangular gusset welded in the front corner of the chasis, it bolts through a hole drilled in that plate.

I did ask about the front bracing for the engine and apparently its to stiffen up the chassis as the engine mounts are relatively low.