Clan McWesty: Applecross (17th-19th June 2016)

Rab (bombero) Reid

yes . planning to head to walled garden for brecky , then head over the pass to the castle should be there for 11ish then off to the glen elk ferry and a cup of tea stop at kayleaken . then if time permits the long way round to applecross . Dinner is booked in the Inn for 6.30 so before we go back to the campsite go to the pub and order your meal.

It sounds a great weekend you have all planned.

Hope you all have a great time.

Quick Q

Is the Applecross/Pass/Coast Road circuit best done clockwise or anticlockwise?

Quick Q

Is the Applecross/Pass/Coast Road circuit best done clockwise or anticlockwise?

Depends on time of day I would say...the coast road is slow and I wouldnt want to do it with the sun in my eyes so wouldnt go anti after 3ish...the Pass has the more specatacular view going north-south but better driving south/north (no reason why you cannot do the top half both ways though. Quite frankly I find the Applecross Pass a bit over rated and with loads of traffic on there now a bit stop start

Thanks we're up there mid week after August Bank Holiday.

Applecross to shildag is a good stretch and it dose not matter what way you do it ,as for the pas aim to do it aroundabout 4 till 5 in the afternoon its always quite then.

Bob, have you got the Applecross stickers for this year?

Applecross to shildag is a good stretch and it dose not matter what way you do it ,as for the pas aim to do it aroundabout 4 till 5 in the afternoon its always quite then.

The pass is also good early morning, before 9.

Ok lads n lasses have a good one, I'm definately out for this weekend :( , I've replaced the instrument computer bit in the cluster and the starter motor and now need a replacement ecu, I guess the power spike did more damage than I thought. grrrrr :(

I'll  be thinking of you all , have fun