Geoffrey's Jaunt. West Coast of Scotland Tour. June 2016

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

This is my proposed Glencoe to Ben Lawers loop.

Happy to hear any thoughts....good or bad.

Glencoe%20to%20Ben%20Lawers%20loop_zpswu

This is my proposed route between Glencoe and Portree on the isle of Skye.

Mandatory stop at the commando Memorial included.

Comments welcome....good or bad.

Glencoe%20to%20Portree_zps6sm7fey2.png

Isle  of Skye Loop.

This goes through the Quiraing, The fairy glen and also the fairy pools. :d 

Isle%20of%20Ske%20Loop_zpsrsijfjo7.png

Morning Silky.

I travelled over your way last year, and tried to find the submarines in Aberlady Bay.

Didn't find them though. :down:

it would be good to meet up so hope you can make it..

I have a few more routes to post and places to visit.

This is my route between Portree and Durness.

Hotels will be in Glencoe, Portree and Durness going up and still looking at sorting my route back down.

Planning 3 days at Glencoe. 2 days in Portree and 2 in Durness which leaves 2 days left for coming back down.

Would still like to come back down via the West Coast though.

The route below is breathtaking.....This is following advice I was given last year and when we drove it, I about wet my pants in places. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

Portree%20to%20Durness_zpstpjvceb3.png

• Like 1

I'm near Tain, as seen in your last map.

I stopped at the commando memorial this summer. I felt a bit guilty when people started looking and photographing my car :oops:

• Like 1

Hello Doug.

When we stopped last year it was raining and I had my half hood on and didn't want to get out as there was a load of commandos at the monument.

They were sat in their two minibuses looking at us and I didn't want to look like an elephant getting out of a sock.

I stayed in the car till they left.

You live in a lovely part of the country. I like staying at Strathpeffer which is not far from you.

This time I travel up, I would like to find another monument near the Commando memorial.

I understand there is the remains of a battle and think its called High Bridge??

Sorry, can't help you with that one. Never heard of it. It's often the way though - visitors frequently go to things locals never get round to!

Doug

let me know what hotel you are in on Skye . your trip up to Durness ? it would rude no to go over the Applecross pass and the coast road to Sheildag its a fantastic road . have you booked anywhare in Durness

Hello.

I will put a proper reply tonight.

Not booked Durness yet but we normally stay on the shores of Loch Eriboll if we can.

Will be dealing with accommodation there tonight or tomorrow

This is my route between Portree and Durness.

Hotels will be in Glencoe, Portree and Durness going up and still looking at sorting my route back down.

Planning 3 days at Glencoe. 2 days in Portree and 2 in Durness which leaves 2 days left for coming back down.

Would still like to come back down via the West Coast though.

The route below is breathtaking.....This is following advice I was given last year and when we drove it, I about wet my pants in places. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

Portree%20to%20Durness_zpstpjvceb3.png

If time....

From Ullapool.

Highly recommend heading to Achnahaird Beach past Stac Pollaidh

Then up the coast to Lochinver where you should partake of excellent pies at the Lochinver Larder Coffee Shop.

Before heading back along the A837 (to Ardvreck Castle) and back North on the A894 towards Durness