Geoffrey's Jaunt. West Coast of Scotland Tour. June 2016

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

That's much better - I might be able to join in now!

When I spotted the original motorway route, I did think it was a bit dull - as well as miles away from Geordieland!

That route takes you within a couple of miles of my house, so thumbs up!

You good man.

I only go the other way as I like the bottom bit of the trip.

Looks like a plan is coming together. :d

No Way.

There are loads of others within the area.

Have you tried around Portree. We are staying North of Portree.

I will ask joe at the Cullin if he knows anywhere.........Just sent him a text.

i will call him tomorrow , we will book into glencoe on the wednesday and meet up with you there 

i will call him tomorrow , we will book into glencoe on the wednesday and meet up with you there 

How Fantastic. :d  :d  :d:t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  

I have sent you a PM with Joe's contact details. 

On a major(ish) rebuild of my Seight and will be sick if not long completed by then. So would be very keen to join you on the first leg to Glencoe at least! Also concur with Scottish Westy's suggestion of Dukes Pass. Good fun!

• Like 1

Hello Nicks.

Well get a move on. :d

I am more than happy to follow local knowledge and advice. I keep posting various routes as I had some great suggestions and comments for my trip last year and I was so pleased I followed them.

I have travelled on the roads that Scottish Westy mentioned and they will be travelled on again this year....[cannot spell definetaly]

I have had contact from a chap who would like to do the full trip and also a couple who would like to do the first week in a convertible beetle. plus all the other great possibilities of meets earlier in the thread.

Be careful what you take on... you could get your own personal traffic jam when you add SKCC and WSCC!

Be careful what you take on... you could get your own personal traffic jam when you add SKCC and WSCC!

Yes.

I already thought of that a while ago. I do have a bit of a plan that involves laminated maps and "teams"

Not sure if it will work as yet but I am also conscious of the narrow roads and passing places.

However, it will be an ADVENTURE....... or a fiasco. :d

This is the response from Cullin View.

Hi Geoffrey, the only places I can suggest (although I suspect they will be booked already) are our neighbours at Bla Bheinn (pronounced 'Blah Venn) 01478 640269 or Crossal House 01478 640745....

I think you're best bed would be the Old Inn (remember the pub in Carbost, about 5 miles away?), they have a bunkhouse that may not be luxury but clean, cheap and plenty of rooms. They are 01478 640205.

Good luck